Call Flow - Set Remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryW

Jun 22, 2018
Wisconsin
I have a call flow so that in the event of bad weather it will play a message that things are cancelled followed by the standard IVR. The call flow works for turning this off/on properly. The issue is that I would like to have staff be able to call in remotely and then use the feature code assigned to this call flow along with the pin to change it. I cannot seem to figure out how to use feature calls when dialing in. Not likely we can get to the office to use the feature code from one of the phones as it is bad weather :)

Appreciate any thoughts on how to tackle this.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Not sure about a solution for dialing in as you would have to dial the feature code from a working extension number on the system in order to use it... but my obvious idea is log into the web portal and simply enable the call flow?

Last edited:

LarryW

Jun 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Yes, but users that might be able to enable this are NOT users that have the level of access to change this from the webUI, they check voicemail at most from there.

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
I haven't done it in Fusion but I'm sure it would be similar to what we did with FreePBX. The way we would do this with FreePBX is having a hidden option/code in the IVR that routed to the Call Flow function via a Misc Destination.

Last edited:

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
You can do this by creating a DialPlan and routing to it via an IVR Action.

To create the specific dial plan:

1. Go to DialPlan -> DialPlan Manager
2. Click the plus sign to add a new DialPlan
3. Click the "Advanced" button.
4. Enter a Name (i.e. Weather)
5. In the "Number Field" enter the Feature Code for your Call Flow function.
6. Select True from the Destination field and click save

Set the new Option in the IVR:

1. Go to your IVR application and enter a new option (i.e. 77)
2. For the Action select your new DialPlan (i.e. "Weather")

Not sure if there is a better way but I tested this and it works.

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
Master branch has a Destination dropdown feature for dialplan steps. You can go to Dialplan -> Dialplan Manager, edit a step, then select "Destination=True". The dialplan step will now show up in the dropdown box in Destinations.

This is useful for things like Call-Flow or custom steps.

LarryW

Jun 22, 2018
Wisconsin
The last couple of options must only work in the master branch. We are in the 4.4 branch and I do not have the destination field available. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Yes, but users that might be able to enable this are NOT users that have the level of access to change this from the webUI, they check voicemail at most from there.
In the Group Manager, you could create a group "my-callflow" and set its permissions to allow view and edit of only Call Flows. Then in the Menu Manager edit Call flows and add the my-callflow group.
Then simply assign the my-callflow group to the users you wish to allow to edit call flows.

Status
Not open for further replies.