Call flows and updating labels (night switch/night mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

simcard

Jan 22, 2017
We have a few calls flows set-up for customers to manage night mode / night switch. Everything works well from the stand point that once the configured button is pressed, it turns on or off the call flow and the BLF for the key works, lighting up the phone key's led differently depending on whether night mode is active of not.

The next challenge is to have the phone key label update to mirror the status. For example, when the night switch is active not only will the button's led turn red, but the label for the key on the phone key label will change to 'Night mode' and subsequently, when turning off the night switch, the phone key label then changes to 'Day mode', making it easier for customers to see what mode they're in.

Specifics;
- Have tried on fpbx v4.5.2 and v4.2.2 (4.5.2 was a brand new install from master today; just extensions and a cal flow configured)
- Phones tested include Yealink (T21, T23, T48), Polycom VVX 500 and a Grandstream GXP1628
- In the call flow setting, we have both the Destination Label and Alternate Label's set

Now, I'm pretty sure this I've seen this working on the Yealinks the past; Unless I'm dreaming, I'm sure I saw this working for set of Yealinks we configured for a customer recently in our lab (I could be wrong, it's been a long year!). I've tried to replicate it using the specifics above and I'm not getting a positive result.

One thing to note is that when activating/deactivating the night switch, I do see the Caller ID change when dialing the feature code we'd set for the call flow (i.e. on the polycom it changes from To:*30 to To:Day Mode), so the information is being passed to the phones, but nothing with updating with the phone key labels.

I've upgraded the Yealinks all the way up to the latest firmware and back down again, testing at each firmware change to see if might be something with the phones, but still no result.

Any ideas? Was I dreaming when I thought I saw it work?

cheers,
A

Status
Not open for further replies.