Call Recording Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMTQ

Jan 22, 2020
Hello

Currently we have FusionPBX version 4.5.10 and switch 1.10.1.

After working through my test plan I have identified an issue with the way call recordings are being logged in the Postgre database table v_call_recordings.

It seems transferred calls are not logged here. To give some context, we have an automated job which will automatically scan this table, pull out the call recording information and upload it to our CRM system.

Is there any way for us to resolve this, it seems like a bug?

Many thanks for your time.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I think this may be a default...

I have two channel variables set:
Code:
<action application="set" data="recording_follow_transfer=true" inline="true"/>
<action application="set" data="record_append=true" inline="true"/>

This gives me the initial part of the call and the transferred call all in the one sound file.

In the CDR record the Call Flow: Caller Profile arrays give the details of each part of the call, even if it is transferred many times. But all parts of the call remain in one single sound file.

HMTQ

Jan 22, 2020
Thanks for your reply. I can confirm both of these are already set as you suggested.

To give some further information, I have attached a screenshot of our CDR table. You should be able to see if an agent simply calls an external number, there is a call recording present. If an agent calls another agent internally, there is a call recording present.

But when an agent calls an external number, and then transfers the call to another agent, there is no recording listed.

The files exist on the file system for all the legs / UUID's. But they are never saved to the recordings table which is the behaviour we saw in previous versions.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Attachments

• PBXExample.JPG
    PBXExample.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 77

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
If I remember rightly it gets recorded under the wrong uuid. I can't remember whether its the original uuid or not but I definitely have seen this problem. The eyeball in the cdr will give you the correct uuid and then I have had to manually rename the file.

HMTQ

Jan 22, 2020
If I remember rightly it gets recorded under the wrong uuid. I can't remember whether its the original uuid or not but I definitely have seen this problem. The eyeball in the cdr will give you the correct uuid and then I have had to manually rename the file.

Thank you DigitalDaz, much appreciated.

We are currently running FusionPBX 4.4.0 and need to upgrade to ensure we receive patches but find we're blocked by this bug.

Do you know of a process I can go through to get a developer to have a look? I've submitted a support ticket but was wondering if I purchase their Green support package with advanced bug reporting it might solve this quicker?

Is it also possible to install a stable version of FusionPBX which existed between 4.4.0 and the latest? If it's going to take a while for this to be fixed I'd rather be running the latest version possible before the bug existed. Any recommendations which version to checkout?

Many thanks,

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Unfortunately, I think this problem still exists even in the latest master, I will see if I can test today and confirm this. To are probably better of with master but just the thought of using master in production sends chills down my spine.

HMTQ

Jan 22, 2020
Unfortunately, I think this problem still exists even in the latest master, I will see if I can test today and confirm this. To are probably better of with master but just the thought of using master in production sends chills down my spine.

Thanks Again, that would be amazing.

Whilst master is not ideal, if it comes with a bug fix and we thoroughly test it, I could get behind it.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Whilst master is not ideal, if it comes with a bug fix and we thoroughly test it, I could get behind it.
The advice from the Fusion team is:
Use the Master branch because it has had so much work done with security and other fixes. There are now so many inter dependencies in the updated code that may of the fixes cannot be pushed back into ealier stable versions. If you can not use Master then at least upgrade to the latest 4.4 (4.4.11).

HMTQ

Jan 22, 2020
Thanks Adrian. If I were to start with a fresh install. And wanted to go for 4.4.11, in your experience what is the best way to go about doing this?

I can see the versions on the Github project, but my concern if I run the old installation script modified to install 4.4.11, the version of Freeswitch would be the latest along with all the other dependencies and cause a mismatch. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Again,

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Have a look at the docs, all you need is here:
https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/advanced/version_upgrade.html

If all you want to do is upgrade the fusion code and nothing else then:
Backup your database first
Code:
mv /var/www/fusionpbx /var/www/fusionpbx-old-version
cd /var/www && git clone -b 4.4 https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx.git
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/fusionpbx

#run this twice:
php /var/www/fusionpbx/core/upgrade/upgrade.php

It's all in the docs...

HMTQ

Jan 22, 2020
Have a look at the docs, all you need is here:
https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/advanced/version_upgrade.html

If all you want to do is upgrade the fusion code and nothing else then:
Backup your database first
Code:
mv /var/www/fusionpbx /var/www/fusionpbx-old-version
cd /var/www && git clone -b 4.4 https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx.git
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/fusionpbx

#run this twice:

It's all in the docs...

Thank you. I was leaning more towards a fresh install without upgrading. If I wanted to create a fresh Virtual Machine, with a fresh OS. How do I get to 4.4.11 with all the correct versions of dependencies eg: FreeSwitch?

Once I know the process, I should be away. :)

Your suggestions and help is much appreciated.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Assuming you use Debian, edit /usr/src/fusionpbx-instal.shl/debian/resources/config.sh and set "system_branch=stable" before executing install.sh

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Exactly as @ad5ou says but make sure to download the pre-install and then edit config.sh and then run the install. Don't do it as a one liner as per the quick install documentation because then you will not get chance to edit the config file.

HMTQ

Jan 22, 2020
Thank you both. I have edited the config.sh file and made sure in Fusionpbx.sh the branch is manually set.

I have ended up with FusionPBX 4.4.11 and the latest version of FreeSWITCH? Is this version mismatch going to cause issues?

Thanks,

HMTQ

Jan 22, 2020
Don't worry I was getting confused, this is not mismatched and should work fine together to my understanding. I am now testing to see if the bug is present or not in this version.

Thanks,

HMTQ

Jan 22, 2020
Exactly as @ad5ou says but make sure to download the pre-install and then edit config.sh and then run the install. Don't do it as a one liner as per the quick install documentation because then you will not get chance to edit the config file.

To confirm, the bug still exists in 4.4.11 with the latest version of FreeSWITCH.

I would like to try an earlier version, maybe 4.4.1 and then work my way up until it stops working. How would I go about installing this specific version with the correct versions of the dependencies?

Many thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.