Call Screening Audio message

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKNGRP

Mar 26, 2021
Good Afternoon community,

It would be amazing if I could get some assistance in regards to call screening.
Is there a possible way to customize the message played to clients calling in?
It simply asks to state your name but I would like it to ask for their phone number and details about why they are calling.
I did not seem to find any information regarding this.
Thank you in advance!

MKNGRP

Mar 26, 2021
Look at call_screen (around order 495) in Dialplan->Dialplan Manager
Thank you so much for responding back!
Can you please inform me on how to go about customizing the call screen greeting and the playback audio.
My client wants to do the following:
1. Customer calls in - says what department they are looking to speak too
2. Recording is sent to agents who are presented with "This is a call for support, press 1 to accept"
3. Agent is able to either accept or decline the call.

Thank you so much for all your help.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
It would take more configuration to route the calls exactly than I'm willing to spell out for free on a forum, but ultimately you would want to edit or recreate a version of call_screen to use a custom definition for "group_confirm_file"

The default call_screen dial plan sets the temporary recording file name, answers call and prompts use to record a message. Then it uses the recorded message in the confirmation message set in group_confirm_file. If you have a static message to be played, the other actions in call_screen aren't needed.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I was just typing pretty much the same message as ad5ou, too much to spell out for free, you may need to buy some support if you don't want to work through the detail.

You may have noticed that the message that gets played is a phrase macro called "voicemail_record_name". these are located at /etc/freeswitch/languages/en/vm (if your default language is en). You can set up your own phrases with the Phrase application Applications->Phrases. You don' t have to use a phrase, a single recording will work.

MKNGRP

Mar 26, 2021
It would take more configuration to route the calls exactly than I'm willing to spell out for free on a forum, but ultimately you would want to edit or recreate a version of call_screen to use a custom definition for "group_confirm_file"

The default call_screen dial plan sets the temporary recording file name, answers call and prompts use to record a message. Then it uses the recorded message in the confirmation message set in group_confirm_file. If you have a static message to be played, the other actions in call_screen aren't needed.
Thank you very much for all your assistance - I will be sure to look into all of this.

MKNGRP

Mar 26, 2021
I was just typing pretty much the same message as ad5ou, too much to spell out for free, you may need to buy some support if you don't want to work through the detail.

You may have noticed that the message that gets played is a phrase macro called "voicemail_record_name". these are located at /etc/freeswitch/languages/en/vm (if your default language is en). You can set up your own phrases with the Phrase application Applications->Phrases. You don' t have to use a phrase, a single recording will work.
Thank you for your assistance, I appreciate your help greatly!

Status
Not open for further replies.