call_records not showing up after core dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinicius

Jul 3, 2019
Hi fellas,
got a weird situation after making a core.db fixing (just renamed the file to get my box up and running again)
after that, all my calls are not being recorded in the v_call_recordings (the table that fusion makes the query for downloading those files). I'm trying to reverse engineering to get where Freeswitch/Fusionpbx makes that insert after the record but no luck so far.

the record files itself are still being recorded in the default path (var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/IP_ADDRESS/archive/YEAR/)

Always come around to have a look at your brilliant troubleshoots. Happy to make part of that community.

Cheers!

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Hi there,
In /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs there is a file called xml_cdr.conf.xml. On a default FusionPBX install there should be a line in there that looks like this:
Code:
<param name="url" value="http://127.0.0.1/app/xml_cdr/v_xml_cdr_import.php"/>

This URL is called by Freeswitch when a call completes. Within xml_cdr.php (a class called by v_xml_cdr_import.php) there is a test for the existence of the call recordings application (if exists - /app/call_recordings/app_config.php). If this applications exists then information about the recording is written to the database.

vinicius

Jul 3, 2019
Thanks a lot Adrian, that was extremely helpful.

Here's my contribution to fellas who can get this problem later on:
Based on Adrian's explanation I've troubleshot the /v_xml_cdr_import.php file using error_log(); PHP function and monitoring the outputs using tail -f /var/log/nginx/error.log. so I could understand what was going on around that class. It ended up being directory permission wrongly set up and crashing the second parameter at if (isset($record_path) && isset($record_name) && file_exists($record_path.'/'.$record_name) && $record_length > 0) ...

cheers legends!

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

vinicius

Jul 3, 2019
Now it seems like FS is doing mkdir using root:root instead of www-data:www-data for the recordings' new folders. Do we have a way to fix it?
cheers!

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
How are you installing? I always use the Fusion install script on a clean machine build and have never had any issues with ownership or permissions (Debian system).

vinicius

Jul 3, 2019
I'm using Debian too
4.9.0-9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.168-1+deb9u5 (2019-08-11) x86_64 GNU/Linux

that machine is just for the appliance. I've got that issue right after making a dump on my core.db

Status
Not open for further replies.