CallCenter Agent Priority

RainbowShaggy

Apr 19, 2024
Hello is it possible to have some kind of agent priority with the tiers and positions in callcenter?
Example:
  • Agent 20 and 21 will login under priority 1
  • Agent 22 will login under priority 2
If we get an incoming call, agent's 20 an 21 should ring simultaneously. Obviously if one of them are in call, only the available agent phones should ring. If there's noone logged in under priority 1 the call should be redirected to the higher priority (in this case agent 22 if they're available). We probably wouldn't even mind, the redirection to higher priority if agents in lower priority are busy.

I've tried to set two agents to the same tier and I think positions in this case doesn't make much sense (unless I'm mistaken) so I set those to 1 for each agent, but that didn't work the way I described above. It seems like the agents rang in order they logged in? Either way they didn't rang simultaneously.

Thank you!

RainbowShaggy

Apr 19, 2024
Hello, thank you. This almost works the way we want.
So multiple agents within same tier rings simultaneously. This works correctly. Unfortunately "Tier Rule Wait Second" applies to all agents across all tiers. So in my example it is set to 20 seconds, When first agent within tier 1 is busy, then the second agent within tier 1 rings after 20 seconds. This is obviously wrong, because the call in queue should be redirected to next free agent within the same tier. And if I set it to 0, then all free agents rings no matter what tier they're assigned to. Is there something I'm missing?

XML:
<queues>
    <queue name="support">
      <param name="strategy" value="ring-all"/>
      <param name="moh-sound" value="$${hold_music}"/>
      <!--<param name="record-template" value="$${recordings_dir}/${strftime(%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M-%S)}.${destination_number}.${caller_id_number}.${uuid}.wav"/>-->
      <param name="max-wait-time-with-no-agent" value="0"/>
      <param name="max-wait-time-with-no-agent-time-reached" value="5"/>
      <param name="tier-rules-apply" value="true"/>
      <param name="tier-rule-wait-second" value="20"/>
      <param name="tier-rule-no-agent-no-wait" value="true"/>
      <param name="discard-abandoned-after" value="30"/>
      <param name="abandoned-resume-allowed" value="false"/>
      <param name="ring-progressively-delay" value="30"/>
    </queue>
  </queues>

Tier list
Code: