Cant record voicemail greeting on Yealink T49G and T58V

Status
Not open for further replies.

i3ioi-iazard

Mar 14, 2018
I am having an issue when users try to record their Voicemail greeting from their deskphone, it doesn't seem to catch their voice. The really odd thing is that it works when doing it from a Soft phone but when we try from a Yealink T49G or a T58V the issue is there.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

i3ioi-iazard

Mar 14, 2018
I dont think it would be this since this the key presses only. I guess i may have described my original issue incorrectly. I realized this is also impacting our Conference center.... Looks like when the IVR says "please say your name" and we say our name, it doesnt pick it up. It appears to be a delay of like 10 seconds for some reason. I can hear the background noise so i think when we say the same it hasnt actually picked anything up until many seconds later. Its likely a setting on the phone but i dont know which it would be.

i3ioi-iazard

Mar 14, 2018
Looks like i've figured out the cause. It appears its because when the IVR asks to record your greeting etc. the video codec is also being sent causing the delay. When we disable "Video active" to disabled on the phone, it works fine. The problem is, interally we use video calling so this wouldnt be a solution for us. Where would setting be to not send video codec's during any sort of recording that needs to be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.