change caller ID on forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
I found a post from @DigitalDaz about changing a caller ID on forward but I cant seam to find it now, but anyway it almost achieved what I was looking for.

I have an IVR with an option that goes to an extension that is always forward'd to an external number, Fusion by default passes on the caller ID and number of the incoming call, I am looking to change that so on the external number I know its a forward call from the IVR, either by changing the caller ID number or name & number

Following @DigitalDaz guide, I have the option in call routing for that extension to select caller ID number and have chosen a number, but when I test it I still get the forwarded callers ID

watching in sngrep I can see the outgoing call from the PBX when it forwards the call, but its not updating the caller ID, anyone have any ideas

vespaman

Jul 28, 2017
have you changed the gateway/advanced/caller id in from setting from true or false to nothing ? restart freeswitch and test.fpbx.png

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
same, just get unknown, strange

the setting you mention was not in Daz's guide from what I recall

vespaman

Jul 28, 2017
I had the opposite problem to you, where I wanted the call to show the companies caller ID and that was what helped me.
Are you forwarding the inbound call out to another provider or maybe there is something up with the caller id number in the extn properties ?

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
yeah if I leave the 'Caller ID In From' set to true, and I test internally, dial the IVR and press the number for the ext that is forwarded to an external number (cell phone), I get the caller ID from the originating ext. so if an external caller dials the IVR, and does the same, I will get the forwarded call on the cell phone with the external callers ID, but I want my PBX caller ID to show instead, so i know its come from my PBX, else I cant distinguish between normal direct calls to my cell phone and ones that come from the forward of the PBX, i want to know the difference

Last edited:

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
aha, that was not the post I found, but that would explain why it does not work for me! I will try that post with the file change, cheers

bryanredeagle

Apr 17, 2019
La Porte, IN
haway.io
I did some more research and I think you should try this. In the call_forward.lua script there's a point where it looks for a setting and changes the caller id to the outbound caller id settings. Try setting this in Default Settings:

category: cdr
subcategory: call_forward_fix
type: boolean
value: true

Reactions: s2svoip

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Interesting, so you think I should try that but not import that file from the post? or do both ?

bryanredeagle

Apr 17, 2019
La Porte, IN
haway.io
The file is already there (I'm running 4.5.11). The thing I'm not sure, because I've never thought about it, is if it's being ran. So I suggest trying the setting, and if that doesn't work we'll change the dial plan to run that lua script specifically.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
ah I see, no dice

I put that setting in default settings, I checked the extension call routing and I have the Caller ID Number option and have it set to the external number I want, but when I try it, its not overwriting the call forward data, i still get the originating caller id

bryanredeagle

Apr 17, 2019
La Porte, IN
haway.io
Ah ha! I think I'm seeing it now. So yes. I do suggest following DigitalDaz's instructions in that link. That should make that field work as expected.

Sorry for the guess and check style of help. I'm less familiar with the call forwarding stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.