Cid names in ring groups is added multiple times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedo

Jun 22, 2020
Hi, in my ring groups i have added a cid name for identify the incoming call trough the IVR.
I have a problem, my setup is this:
An incoming call go trough IVR, the remote user do a selection and IVR transfer the call in a ring group. If nobody answer after several seconds the call go through an IVR and a message say "Sorry for your waiting etc etc. For leave a voicemail message press 2 or wait again" after some second if the remote user not press anything the call come back in the original ring group.
It's not a blocking problem but everytime that the call come back to ring group the cid name is adding to the previous one, so if a ring group is called for example "Test" and the remote user has go 5 times in the temporary IVR the name become Test#Test#Test#Test#Test#0574XXXX
So I find voicemail messages difficult to read, this thing is also reflected on the monitors of voip phones. "Incoming call Test#Test#Test#Test#Test#0574XXXX<-the last part is impossible to read on some voip phones monitor if this thing happen.
Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Attachments

• cid.png
    cid.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 5

paulczichos

Sep 21, 2020
The var effective_caller_id_name is the one that is shown in the Phone. If you have the prefix set in the Ringgroup it get added every time it is transfered to the RingGroup. I would use a callcenter insted. And add a dialplan extension that calls a lua script play your "Sorry for your waiting" every X seconds.

Nedo

Jun 22, 2020
La var effective_caller_id_name è quella mostrata nel file Phone. Se hai impostato il prefisso nel gruppo di suoneria, viene aggiunto ogni volta che viene trasferito al gruppo di suoneria. Userei invece un call center. E aggiungi un'estensione del dialplan che chiama uno script lua e riproduci il tuo "Scusa per l'attesa" ogni X secondi.
Ok Thank you for your suggestion! I will try to do as you said.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
If it helps, I usually tend to stick name prefixes on destinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.