Cisco 88xx with SIP (fusionPBX) - Can't get Messages button to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

cainram

Nov 12, 2019
I have found plenty of information on both the <messagesNumber> and <messagesURL> tags but neither one are working for me. I have them in the correct place in the XML structure. I specifically have several 8845s and they provision with the XML files via tftp and work great other than this last thing. I have my extension specific voicemail extension/code set as the default of *97 in the PBX. When I call *97 from the phone's dial pad as an extension, it completes the call and I can check voicemail. Pressing the 'Messages' button on the phone gives me the 'Messages not Available' message on the phone's display. I don't see anything in my PBX to indicate that the phone is trying to contact the PBX (even in sngrep).

I see a lot of forum posts all over about people using this setting successfully but no one that has had this same issue so I feel like I must just be missing something.

I also have set the <lineMode> to 1 to enable access to the 5 line keys on the right. I have set that back to 0 and tested to see if that was the issue. Same behavior.

This is the last thing stopping me from deploying the phones and I'm stuck.

FYI, I have set a line key (BLF) to do the same thing and it works, I just want that line free and for the messages button on the keypad to do it's thing.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Status
Not open for further replies.