Cisco SPA400 config

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdcockers

Mar 9, 2018
Hi all, hoping for some help getting a Cisco SPA400 up and running. I've been referencing this page in my attempts to get it going - I understand everything but am struggling to figure out a couple of things. I'm completely green on anything VOIP related, so feeling slightly overwhelmed but learning fast.

The main thing I can't conceptualise is what parts of the GUI are used to set the various elements of the XML dialplan. Secondary to that, I can't determine whether the SPA400 needs to be set up as a gateway or an extension.

As an aside, is it possible to create the dialplan via XML in FusionPBX, and if yes, does that plan get translated into the GUI for future editing?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Looking at that, you would need to treat it as a carrier gateway.

I assume in this device you can choose a username and password for a user to connect to it.

You don't touch the xml in freeswitch, its all database driven out of the gui.

See if anyone else comes along who knows this device. If not we'll work out a way :)

tdcockers

Mar 9, 2018
Cheers, I'll keep poking around. Part of the problem is that the device doesn't use a password to connect, so I need to use the noreg switch and therefore have no confirmation that it is happy, so it's a little bit of blind luck.

After I posted I did read elsewhere on the forum that the config was in a database... sorry I should have done a bit more reading first.

vespaman

Jul 28, 2017
Hello.

I'm using the SPA400 to connect my Asterisk pbx to a legacy Ericsson pbx both on the same site. It works great and allows us to call them and for them to call us. The SPA is registered to my asterisk box as a voip trunk. The SPA's first FXO port is connected to extn 755 on the Ericsson which then rings a ring group on my asterisk box via the trunk.

I have set up a FPBX to replace my asterisk box and have 3 other domains and gateways all working fine with phones registered on site and off and DDI's going where they are supposed to.

I have set the SPA up as a providers gateway on my FPBX. I had no luck getting it to work with the internal profile, nor could I register it, as it doesn't have a password field - just a username field (spa400). Set up as below, with no register, I can call any 3 digit extns on the Ericcson no problem so far by dialling 9 and the extn number. It hangs up fine, when the call is finished and the voice quality is excellent.

gateway.pngdialplan.png
But when I call from the Ericsson to extn 755, the issue I'm having is the calls from the Ericcson are anonymous and I don't know how to "route" them to FPBX as they just get ignored. FPBX is aware of the incoming calls and logs them as below.

Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Is there a dial plan I could create to allow calls from the gateway's IP or something similar?

Allowing anonymous calls would be dumb, as it is in asterisk, but maybe I'm missing something simple?

It's driving me mad but keen to see if someone can help.

TIA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.