SOLVED Configure button on Yealink for Page/Intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudasar321

Apr 18, 2019
Hi Guys,

I know Page or Intercom works when we dial *8[ext]. I want to configure a speed dial button on my yealink phone with "*8". So I want I just need to press that speed dial button, system should prompt "enter your extension" I enter 208 and system send page to 208 extension. Is it doable?

Thank You

mudasar321

Apr 18, 2019
Hi James,

Thanks for reply back. Can you please put any example how exactly it would be?

Thank You

mudasar321

Apr 18, 2019
I tried to play with dial plan but no luck. Can you please put it for me how exactly it would be.

Thank You

mudasar321

Apr 18, 2019
Hi @JamesBorne , This world is not gon'na end without your assistance. Do you really think? Might I would have fight for couple of days to get it done but I WILL. The purpose of posting thread is might someone have had this issue before or anyone knows the answer so we can save the time and energy. I'm not asking/hammering you to leave your job and present for me. If we post a thread that really mean we DO NOT KNOW or Can't do it, so we need help. If you know how to do it just post it or leave it for anyone else who know's.

Thank You

Reactions: JamesBorne

rubberducky

Aug 30, 2017
I do this all the time. I hope I understand the question correctly, but this is how I handle it
I configure buttons for BLF, but leave the "extension" slot blank.
Then I configure a button for prefix "*8"

So, someone hits their "Intercom" button, then hits their blf button on who they want to intercom. In the example attached, this sends a *8101

I noticed when I filled in the "extension" part of a blf, and I try to program in the intercom button, what gets sent is *8101101, which generates an error.

Otherwise, if blf isn't something that works for your scenario, why not do a button set to prefix and *8, then the user inputs 101 (or whatever extension) and hits send?

Also, knowing the model of your phone would help.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190526_235738.png
    Screenshot_20190526_235738.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Reactions: jeffcrews
Status
Not open for further replies.