SOLVED Custom default settings per domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

czbg

Sep 27, 2018
Hi all,

customer have a request, that all the call recordings should be sent to some email address. I've tried the modified email.lua with hardcoded addresses and it works ok, but I would like to do that properly.

I started by adding two settings to the "Domains" - category "Recordings" - settings email_recordings(true/false boolean) and email_recordings_to (email address text).
I wanted to check if this variables are loaded and now I'm stuck. I am not sure if I should see them in dialplan or what?

Please someone give me some pointers where to look or how this default settings should work.

Thanks..

czbg

Sep 27, 2018
Hm, looks like I posted this in the wrong category.. Sorry all. Can I move it somehow?

czbg

Sep 27, 2018
This is how I've managed to get this working:
Dialplan -> Dialplan Manager -> user_record

At the end, I inserted:
Code:
    <condition field="${record_session}" expression="^true$">
        <action application="set" data="email_recordings_to=example@example.com"/>
        <action application="set" data="email_recordings_subject=Recording of a call from ${caller_id_number} to ${destination_number}"/>
        <action application="set" data="email_recordings_delete_after=false"/>
        <action application="export" data="record_post_process_exec_app=lua:email_recordings.lua ${record_path}/${record_name}"/>
    </condition>

email_recordings.lua is a modified email.lua, that I found in scripts directory. Modifications:
Code:
@@ -38,15 +38,26 @@
 --Example
        --luarun email.lua to@domain.com from@domain.com 'headers' 'subject' 'body'

+local Settings = require "resources.functions.lazy_settings"
+local Database = require "resources.functions.database"
+local db = dbh or Database.new('system')
+local settings = Settings.new(db, domain_name, domain_uuid)
+
 --get the argv values
        script_name = argv[0];
-       to = argv[1];
-       from = argv[2];
-       headers = argv[3];
-       subject = argv[4];
-       body = argv[5];
-       file = argv[6];
-       delete = argv[7];
+       to = session:getVariable("email_recordings_to");
+       from = settings:get('email', 'smtp_from_name', 'text')
+       headers = "";
+       subject = session:getVariable("email_recordings_subject");
+       body = "";
+       file = argv[1];
+       delete = session:getVariable("email_recordings_delete_after");
+       if delete == nil then
+               delete = "false";
+       end
        --convert_cmd = argv[8];
        --convert_ext = argv[9];

Reactions: JamesBorne

noci

Aug 9, 2019
NL
Why not:
Add these to the last user_record rule block (9):
XML:
        <action application="set" data="email_recordings_to=${recordings_email}" inline="true"/>
        <action application="set" data="email_recordings_subject=Recording of a call from ${caller_id_number} to ${destination_number}" inline="true"/>
        <action application="set" data="email_recordings_delete_after=${recordings_email_delete}" inline="true"/>
        <action application="export" data="record_post_process_exec_app=lua:email_recordings.lua ${record_path}/${record_name}" inline="true"/>

Or add a new block (#10) with conditions if recordings_email holds a email address
XML:
    <condition field="${record_session}" expression="^true$" break="never"/>
    <condition field="${recordings_email}" expression="^[0-9a-zA-Z_.-]+@" break="never">
        <action application="set" data="email_recordings_to=${recordings_email}" inline="true"/>
        <action application="set" data="email_recordings_subject=Recording of a call from ${caller_id_number} to ${destination_number}" inline="true"/>
        <action application="set" data="email_recordings_delete_after=${recordings_email_delete}" inline="true"/>
        <action application="export" data="record_post_process_exec_app=lua:email_recordings.lua ${record_path}/${record_name}" inline="true"/>
    </condition>

And then add default variables: recordings_email & recordings_email_delete with email address & true/false?

Last edited:

czbg

Sep 27, 2018
Hi noci, thanks for your suggestions. For now everything is working fine, so I will not play with it anymore if not needed. When some problem arises I will surely try your suggestion.

Just fyi, I think "inline=true" has no meaning in export application?

Robert Birch

Mar 16, 2017
Hey Everyone,
I was looking at this and have it somewhat working.

If an extension places a call, I get the recording emailed. If it is an incoming call, I don't get the recording. I can see the recording in CDR, but it seems from the logs that the script isn't called from an incoming call.

I tried the above both ways, adding the lines to the last user_record block and as it's own block. Works either way for outgoing, nothing for incoming.

I do have the extension set to record all.

Is there a different part of the dialplan to modify for internal calls?

Thanks,
Shredder

Robert Birch

Mar 16, 2017
OK. I think I got a little further with this. If I set the destination to go straight to an extension, it works.

What I need to do, is have the call go to a RingGroup first. Seems if I it goes to a RingGroup first, I don't get the email.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shredder

czbg

Sep 27, 2018
Hi Robert,

check if you have call_direction correctly set by dialplan. I vaguely remember that I had a problem like this. I posted about it here.

BR

Robert Birch

Mar 16, 2017
If I look at the CDR for a call, call_direction is set to inbound in all spots usinf the default call_direction dialplan.
I think the issue is the RingGroup, but I am not knowledgeable enough to know why it is stoppping it.

I do see in the CDR for calls that go to a RingGroup first, the Extension field (first one after the arrow icon) is blank. If I make the call go directly to an extension, the extension number is there.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.