Custom Music on Hold not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcarrero

Nov 13, 2018
I created a category and uploaded 8, 16, 32, and 48 hz versions of the file. I can select the category on a ring group or queue, but my custom music does not play. It just plays the default one. I've tried restarting the module per documentation but that did on work either. Watching fs_cli, looks like an attempt is made to play it (not sure if it's an attempt, at the very least i see the reference to the name of the category and 8hz,) but I don't see errors and it always plays the default.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Did go to the extension to and select your new hold music? Or an IVR or Ring Group to use it for ringback?
Set this up on the master branch in the Admin training this week and it worked.
Try flushing the cache and then restart the localstream modules.

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
www.myinternetsupport.com
I'm having a similar problem. In my case I only uploaded a 16khz set of 16 bit files and created two new profiles with multiple sound files as a test. I tried extension and queue selecting the appropriate profile and it still plays the default. I then set the domain to GLOBAL and it still does the same thing.

Any pointers please? thanks

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
I've attached a bunch of captures showing what I have configured

Attachments

• followme.PNG
    followme.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 71
  • MOH.PNG
    MOH.PNG
    35.7 KB · Views: 72
  • test2.PNG
    test2.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 60
  • test16000.PNG
    test16000.PNG
    21.6 KB · Views: 57
  • testqueue.PNG
    testqueue.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 60

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
I found this thread https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/custom-moh-for-a-specific-domain.1069/.
I got it to work. but I am confused so maybe someone can enlighten me on how this works.

It looks like I have to upload multiple bitrate files. My guess is the PBX is not transcoding? Yet if I upload a recording in a specific bitrate and play it as an announcement it works fine.

What I want to do is only upload one version os a file not many different bitrates. How can I get MOH to work then?

It seems DEFAULT doesnt get played. It only seems the 8kHz profiles get played. Is this correct?

Thanks leon

FuncVOIP

Apr 20, 2018
I found this thread https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/custom-moh-for-a-specific-domain.1069/.
I got it to work. but I am confused so maybe someone can enlighten me on how this works.

It looks like I have to upload multiple bitrate files. My guess is the PBX is not transcoding? Yet if I upload a recording in a specific bitrate and play it as an announcement it works fine.

What I want to do is only upload one version os a file not many different bitrates. How can I get MOH to work then?

It seems DEFAULT doesnt get played. It only seems the 8kHz profiles get played. Is this correct?

Thanks leon
Hello Leon,

I just tested on my end and I had to follow your steps to get mine working. It does appear that 8k is the only way to get the hold music working. Weird because when i dial *9664 it works without uploading to 8k so maybe another step is broken in the process. I am just starting to learn programming so I am not to sure how to contribute to fix it.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
This is still a problem for me. So this is a bug going on at least 2 years now. Just like others said. I can create custom local folders and upload moh files but I cannot upload files to the global default directory. So if you have multiple domains you have to upload local moh files for each doman but you cannot do it globally. At least not via the GUI. You can of course upload it directly with SFTP. But why even bother having the GUI feature if it only half works? So this definitely seems like a bug to me.

Reactions: wa4zlw

Chidado

Mar 8, 2017
When I go into MOH, edit, changing the Sampling to 8000 was the only way to get my Call Park Custom MOH to work.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
From my perspective I see a lot of things people regard as a bug and the actual problem is they don't know the topic well enough. Some people have wondered on the support plans what could you do in 1.5 hours on the blue member support plan. I think save someone from 2 years of thinking they have a bug and it was most likely missing subtle details or not fully understanding the topic. I for one like using remote desktop on a phone call and with that can solve this type of issue in 15 minutes or less and you get your ahah moment of sudden insight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.