custom provisioning of grandstream phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickbh

Sep 26, 2019
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum, just in case in the wrong place - my apologies. The question at hand:
1. I am working at a school, and we have areas divided based on zones ( we are using Algo alerters and horns - with Algo scheduler). we have different sets of students - i.e high school, middle school, and 6th grade. We have managed to get "all page" working through the auto-provisioning of phones, where all the devices are multicast receivers and get the paging.
2. We are trying to set up a different zone for the high school classrooms' phones page. How can I use provisioning for the specific phones to include only the multicast address of 2nd paging receiver address? I created a copy of the template '{mac}'.xml to mac_addresss_of_phone.xml and made changes to that file. However, the provisioning is not sending the mac addressed file to that phone. Instead, it is being provisioned with the template one. Can someone suggest how I can solve this?
3. If we set the address manually on the phone, it gets overwritten with the provisioned config file - what guidance can I get to solve this.

Thanks in advance

nick

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
You can sort of do it the way you are thinking by copying the whole phone model directory and calling it something else, for example:
Code:
cp -r /var/www/fusionpbx/resources/templates/provision/grandstream/ht503 /var/www/fusionpbx/resources/templates/provision/grandstream/my-zone1-ht503
And then edit the '{$mac}.xml' file accordingly. But this will become difficult to maintian for a lot of different templates.

A better way is to add your own variables to the provision template (mac file) and then reference them in the device record:
Screenshot from 2020-07-20 12-55-43.png

Then in the template:
Code:
{if isset($my_zone1)}
phone_setting.something.that.needs.zone1 = {$my_zone1}
{/if}

Reactions: Logrus

nickbh

Sep 26, 2019
Thank you very much for your solutions. I went with what you recommended and that allows for only one change in the backend and all phones as they are put in service, we can determine at what zone it goes.

Thank you very much for the help.

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell
Status
Not open for further replies.