Design question for IVR application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Hi all,

I have a design question. The first time I wrote an IVR for freeswitch what I did was to send all calls to a LUA script which would handle the whole call by sending the interaction to other LUA scripts. I took that path because "why not? " and I did not know enough to compare with alternatives. While building that first IVR app, I figured there are many different options. Among them:

1. Use the dialplan. When required send the call or outsource an action to a LUA script but always go back to the dialplan,
2. Use ESL. Send the interaction right away to an external script (or app) which will listen to events (via ESL)
3. Use dialpan + ESL. It is just like option one above but using ESL + my favorite programming language instead of LUA.

I need to start coding a new IVR app and I would love to have input from more experienced folks. I know that at the end of the day it is "do what you fee more comfortable with". But it is difficult to know what it is that you feel more comfortable with if you do not have enough experience.

Would anyone be willing to share their experience or advice on this? In terms of freeswitch, what is more efficient?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.