Disabling Voicemail Globally

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutt

May 10, 2018
When I update v_voicemails and set voicemail_enabled to false, and disable all the voicemail routes in dialplan manager, it sort of works. However, on registration I still get an SQL error. I cannot figure out how to make registration not try to grab voicemails.

For context - my extensions are alpha-numeric. The voicemail_id field is numeric only. I can't decide if its a bug or feature yet. But in the meantime, I'd like to avoid the error.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You are probably best avoiding alphanumeric extensions. I'm not sure they get tested as much as they might.

mutt

May 10, 2018
I think I got it.. I checked how the queries were run, and the numbers were always quoted. ie "voicemail_id = '1234'". So I felt text would be safe.
Because BDR prevents changing data type, I did an add new column, update v_voicemails set newcolumn = voicemail_id, then dropped voicemail_id, and then renamed newcolumn to voicemail_id. That cleared up the error. Next order of business was a voicemail_enabled = false update, and.. seems to have done what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.