Email-to-Fax under Fax server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricktendo

Jun 12, 2021
Couple questions:

1) How would this work if I had more than one fax server/user, can I use the same inbox/smtp or do I need to have separate ones?

2) Is this required for receiving fax to your email, or does it use the same smtp as voicemail to email?

Thank you

Feb 5, 2021
Hi, I have setup 3 Fax Servers in a single domain, what I do is I use the same inbox/smtp, for outgoing faxes I created 3 different email address, then I have email rules that will send all this emails to the same inbox I configured in the fusion server, the emails will fall into 3 different folders inside my email client, but then I create different folders for each FaxServer, and an email rule to move the email to the desire folder.

Hope this helps

Reactions: ricktendo

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
Seems very interesting @Lorena Watkins and I would love to test your setup scenario out if you can elaborate a little bit more possibly with screen shots (hehe)

I have setup one email i.e fax@mydomain.com and then all of my users pbx domain's fax server I have setup previously mentiuoned email as smtp. My users send email to that email and ofcourse each fusion domain fax server has authorised users who can send to that email. Cron job checks email every minute and send out to the number that my users put in the subject field. So yes I am only using one inbox for everyone to send fax to and then cronjob takes over from there.

for incoming fax I just redirect the fax to each client's email which is pretty standard procedure.

ricktendo

Jun 12, 2021
Seems very interesting @Lorena Watkins and I would love to test your setup scenario out if you can elaborate a little bit more possibly with screen shots (hehe)

I have setup one email i.e fax@mydomain.com and then all of my users pbx domain's fax server I have setup previously mentiuoned email as smtp. My users send email to that email and ofcourse each fusion domain fax server has authorised users who can send to that email. Cron job checks email every minute and send out to the number that my users put in the subject field. So yes I am only using one inbox for everyone to send fax to and then cronjob takes over from there.

for incoming fax I just redirect the fax to each client's email which is pretty standard procedure.
I am new to the platform so forgive me for being incorrect.

If one uses the same SMTP, does fusionpbx set the fax caller id based on the specific remote inbox, or the allowed sender(s) who sent the email?

If it did it using the sender this would make things ALLOT simpler!

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
Each fax server has its own caller id (incoming/outgoing)
for incoming fax you redirect the fax to designated user's email
for outgoing when you send fax (authorised sender) fusion recognises this and acts as configured sender id

Reactions: ricktendo

ricktendo

Jun 12, 2021
Each fax server has its own caller id (incoming/outgoing)
for incoming fax you redirect the fax to designated user's email
for outgoing when you send fax (authorised sender) fusion recognises this and acts as configured sender id
Is it required to configure the same SMTP on each Fax Server/Extension or is sufficient to configure it on one, or is there a global/domain option?

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
Fax SMTP config is required for each fax server / per domain. I have not seen any global option since I have been working with fusion (just shy of a year)
You can use same SMTP for all the fax servers that you want to configure
notification SMTP which is found in default settings can be global or per domain

MKNGRP

Mar 26, 2021
I was able to get this going doing the below steps. :)

1) Disabled the send queue:
In advanced / default settings / fax / send_mode - set enabled to false

2) Deleted all the previous records under:
app / fax server / sent
app /fax server / log

3) Login and delete everything in the below folders on the server:
var/lib/freeswitch/storage/fax/sent
var/lib/freeswitch/storage/fax/temp

4) Restarted the freeswitch service:
service freeswitch restart

After that I was able to send faxes from email and the web portal without issue.

I would still like to understand the queuing a little more and how it would work with a high volume of faxes but like everything else in FusionPBX the faxing seems to works great!
Hi there,

Any chance you can give me a step by step run down of exactly what you did (Aside from the information listed above) to be able to send email from the fax server?
I would really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.