Extension "Context: Enter the user context here." field is COMPLETELY IGNORED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtph

Oct 30, 2022
If Extension IP address happen to be in ACL it assigned public context. If not in ACL it assigned domain_name context.
The field value is irrelevant.
My Gateway and all Extensions are on the same IP. If I add my IP to ACL incoming route works but outgoing fails. If I don't add IP to to ACL then outgoing works but incoming fails. Any solutions, please?
Reference: https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/extensions-calls-are-hitting-public-context.455/post-1793

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Out of the box, external calls should be on 5080 and internal on 5060, then only use the ACL on the external profile?

NVGcom

Apr 29, 2020
Hi,

Register devices to Internal profile which is as mentioned 5060.
You can change that in SIP Profiles then flush cache and rescan the SIP Profile in the SIP Status.
To enable TLS you need to run letsencrypt script in /usr/src/fusionpbx-install/debian/config/ or put your own cert then enable TLS in the variables for Internal Profile.

Access Control is only for Carrier or other SIP Trunks you connect to. Leave as is. Usually carriers will use IP or FQDN w/ port so it'll be subdomain.domain.tld:5060 for example.
Always add their SIP Signaling, RTP and/or SMS IP's or IP/32 /27 and so on, whichever is applicable.
For local SIP Trunk to another PBX within your LAN you might need to add Outbound Proxy to the Gateway setting with that IP. That is how two FusionPBX in same Data Centre connected for me. You also should put IP of that PBX or IP/32 in Access Control.

Note: Every time you make changes to Access Control, you need to flush cache and reload ACL in SIP Status. You could also rescan the external profile.
If you change Outbound Route or delete it, flush cache in SIP Status.

qtph

Oct 30, 2022
Let me clarify. I am using HT813 FXO/FXS combo. FXO acts as carrier for incoming calls which are then routed to its FXS.
Both are registered as Extensions. FXO configured to route incoming calls to FXO@fusionpbx_domain.
There is a dialplan which looks for FXO user.
I ended up removing HT813 IP address from ACL and both incoming and outgoing automagically started to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.