Fail2Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbogersr

May 5, 2021
How do I remove F2B from Freeswitch? It has shut down a customer too many times to be useful anymore. Here is what I get:

Chain f2b-sip-auth-failure (1 references)
target prot opt source destination
REJECT all -- 96-XX-XX-122-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net anywhere reject-with icmp-port-unreachable

I have been deleting with: iptables -D f2b-sip-auth-failure 1
Thanks in advance for any help.
Mike

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
apt remove fail2ban.

For anyone actually stupid enough to do this, make sure you have a backup source of income as you won't be in the voip world for very long.

mbogersr

May 5, 2021
Stupidity is using a storm shelter for a rain storm. I've just about lost all of the customers I have on FreeSwitch due to an over active Fail2Ban shutting them down multiple times. I was in hopes of a smart individual giving some advice on how to coral free2ban. I am not familar with it. It's ONLY blocking my customers.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I gave you the help you asked for, if you wanted help with fail2ban usage you should have just asked for that.

Ian Oakes

Oct 14, 2016
Its less about fail2ban, rather it is clearly telling you the client has the wrong credentials and is getting banned, as they should. Understanding what you are actually trying to do vs blaming it on fail2ban is maybe the direction to go. As @DigitalDaz has told you.

mbogersr

May 5, 2021
As I said, I figured it out Digital Daz and Ian Oakes. My client is an enterprise customer with over 100 multiline sip phones with 15 to 20 dss/blf registratons per phone hitting the pbx the customer would get locked out quickly. It had zero to do with the wrong credentials. I don't sell individual buy N Fly services. I was not familiar with fail2ban and wasn't blaming it for anything. I simply wanted to disable it long enough to get a handle on things. I figured it out guys. I really appreciate both of your iinsightful comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.