Fake extension ringing state

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallberg

Feb 26, 2019
Hi All,

I'm trying to accomplish an incoming number being routed to a fifo-queue (or similiar) ending up on a fake-extension so people can pick calls from the queue via a blinking BLF.
I've got it working with a fifo and monitoring it with "queue+*771" (*771 being the fifo).
However the status reported to the phone when there's calls in the fifo queue is "On hold/Park"

I really need it to show status ringing (early?) since I'm going to use Yealink built-in "audio alert on monitored blf", which is only triggered by the ringing-state.

So I was thinking if I automatically connect the call in the fifo-queue to a dummy-extension/phone and all my users monitors that extension, it's going to show ringing.
However I rather not want to put an actual phone somewhere on site so I've been trying to fake an extension and calls transfered to it will just keep ringing.

I've made a dialplan with:
[Continue: False]

condition destination_number ^(1213)$
action set presence_id=1213@testdomain.com
action ring_ready
action sleep 3600000

Problem is: When the inbound call is hitting the dialplan, it doesn't send a notify containing the ringing status. (It's responding 180 to incoming gateway)
However if the inbound caller hangs up the call there's a notify sent containing the "terminated" status.

How can I simulate an actual ringing extension?

Any feedback is appreciated!
I realize I may be overcomplicating things.. Anyone have ideas on how I can achieve my goal in a simple matter, that's appreciated.

Thank you!

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I don't think many use FIFOs any more for this kind of job. It may be better for you to look at the Call Center functionality to see if any of that can be made to fit your use case.

hallberg

Feb 26, 2019
I don't think many use FIFOs any more for this kind of job. It may be better for you to look at the Call Center functionality to see if any of that can be made to fit your use case.

Thank you, I think you're right.
I don't see any issues with using CC instead.

But the questions remains, how to make a "fake-extension" that rings and registered ringing status correctly while it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.