Follow Me issue with setting outbound caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

FozzySA

Sep 3, 2019
South Africa
Hi All,

First time posting to this forum and hoping for some guidance. I have upgrade FusionPBX from 4.4 to 4.5 (4.5.9 now) and having issues with follow me with external numbers. My mobile networks in South Africa do not allow me to present a caller ID that does not belong to my network (I don't own the CID) so in the past I was able to set the outbound caller ID on the follow me per user.

Since the upgrade I am not able to do this. If I set the CID in follow me, it has no effect on the call. E.g. A mobile caller phones into my DID from 083-555-5555 and is sent to my mobile via Follow Me on 083-444-4444. I set my outbound ID to 010-222-2222 and it should show on my mobile as 010-222-2222 but try's to present the callers ID (083-555-5555) but the call is blocked because the networks do not allow this in my country.

I have a workaround for this by using a ring group for outbound calls and I set a destination in follow me to the ring group but would be awesome if the follow me could work again as it did before.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.