Fusion seems disconnected from Freeswitch - Config changes in FusionPBX don't flow through to Freeswitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbergman

Dec 10, 2020
I can't imagine what I have done to screw up this install on 2 different raspberry pi 4's 3 times each but since I cannot find anything on the google machine it must be me. Each time I wiped the OS and started from scratch.

Lets start with the basics:
  1. Followed the directions located here at FusionPBX's download page.
    1. The latest Raspbian ended up being:​
    2. Distributor ID: Raspbian
      Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
      Release: 10
      Codename: buster​
    3. After the OS install I ran the scripts which ran without error and received the customary "Installation has completed." along with the rest of that output and direction to the web page.​
    4. The Freeswitch installed was
      FreeSWITCH Version 1.10.5-release-6-25569c1631~32bit (-release-6-25569c1631 32bit)
      FreeSWITCH Started
      Max Sessions [1000]
      Session Rate [30]
      SQL [Enabled]​
  2. I then entered a user and a device into FusionPBX in the default domain (192.168.1.36) following the docs on the fusion website then provisioned the phones manually. Immediately after configuring the phones I started getting these errors:
    1. [WARNING] switch_core.c:1627 Cannot locate domain 192.168.1.36 <-- received only once
    2. [WARNING] sofia_reg.c:1794 SIP auth challenge (REGISTER) on sofia profile 'internal' for [101@192.168.1.36] from ip 192.168.1.150
    3. [WARNING] sofia_reg.c:2930 Can't find user [101@192.168.1.36] from 192.168.1.150
      You must define a domain called '192.168.1.36' in your directory and add a user with the id="101" attribute
      and you must configure your device to use the proper domain in its authentication credentials.
    4. WARNING] sofia_reg.c:1739 SIP auth failure (REGISTER) on sofia profile 'internal' for [101@192.168.1.36] from ip 192.168.1.150
    5. This is the point each time I stopped, blew a new Raspbian, and repeated the steps 3 separate times on 2 different Pi 4's
  3. So next I went to Freeswitch and dug up the docs on how to do this. I came up with the Freeswitch docs on Directory and followed those to the letter.
    1. I created a new directory and xml file in /etc/freeswitch/directory as directed for the domain and 101, 102, 103.
    2. Used fs_cli to reloadxml
    3. Now all phones register and I don't get any of the 3 lines above. So Freeswitch works with the xml configs.
  4. More digging in Freeswitch docs led me the the PostgreSQL in the core section and as a last ditch effort I tried making the changes to autoload_configs/switch.conf.xml but alas I found no joy. I was thinking that maybe FusionPBX was making changes to the DB but Freeswitch wasn't looking there.

At this point I am at a loss as to how to further troubleshoot and I figured maybe someone knows something I screwed up, probably early on, that isn't as well documented. Like maybe I am not supposed to use the latest Rasbian but only version 9 and not 10. I have seen other posts that seem to indicate 10 is fine so I doubt that is it but who knows.I have been at this a week now and am at my limit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You cannot follow the freeswitch docs, the xml files are not loaded from there, they are delived from the db.

Have you followed the quick start tutorial on herre, you may be missing a fundamental concept. Did you actually create any EXTENSIONS?

Devices and users get allocated to extensions, except for auto provisioning you do not have to create any devices, nor even users for that matter. What you do need to create are extensions.

lbergman

Dec 10, 2020
Wow. I could have saved myself hours. That is what I get for coming into a new platform with expectations and assumptions from a different platform. Thanks so much for that video. All appears to be working now. On to trying to auto provision.

Status
Not open for further replies.