FusionPBX 5.2 Messages Application Inbound messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

mak_make

Aug 27, 2018
Hi,

When I send the incoming message it only showing under the number not on chat box on the left side (attached is the screenshot). Any Ideas how to fix it.

Hi @Jonathan Black Any Ideas on this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 26
Jan 9, 2018
How well does the sms app work
It works well for the providers that have been added to it, and for what it is intended. It isn't designed for sending/receiving from the web GUI, but it works well for receiving to endpoints (softphones) or email and sending from endpoints (softphones). Inbound MMS is implemented for some providers, sending the attachment to email. I can mainly only speak for Telnyx as provider and it does work with them. We've used it for several years.
There are a few things I wish it had:
- Web GUI send/receive - the Messages app is probably better for that.
- Full MMS support to and from the endpoints. The issue is that different softphones have different implementations, and different providers have different implementations, so there's a LOT to support!
- Message threading on the MDRs page - again, Messages app has this.
- Full group messages. Probably the most-requested feature. It will handle sending the inbound message to multiple endpoints, but the outbound doesn't get copied to other local endpoints. It gets confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.