FusionPBX Limitations and Installation on Docker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojy2021

Jul 22, 2021
Hi everybody
I am new to FusionPBX and FreeSwitch.
I have few questions about FusionPBX and FreeSwitch as below:

1- I want to establish a hosted PBX and VoIP providing company, Is FusionPBX a proper solution to serve at least 1000 customers?

2- What is the max number of tenants in each FusionPBX server? and recommended numbers of tenants in each FusionPBX server?

3- How many concurrent calls and channels can we have for RTP port ranges 10000-40000? (max concurrent calls and channels for RTP port range 10000-40000?)

4- What about dockerizing FusionPBX? Is there any valid and updated Docker image for FusionPBX (to dockerize FusiobPBX) or any recommended solution or guide to dockerize FusiobPBX?

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
1. Definitely. Do note, there's a million ways to skin a cat. So you could provision a FusionPBX instance per customer (wasteful), or create a relatively large server and multi-tenant it. There's also things like PostgreSQL BDR to create big FusionPBX clusters. My advice to you would be to investigate the relationship between FreeSwitch (the call server), PostgreSQL and FusionPBX (The front-end, and supplied configuration and scripting templates)

2. As far as I'm aware, there's no appreciable limit. It's all hardware based, which in turn is usage based. We've got servers with a hundred and a bit domains on it, but concurrent sessions barely hits over 30. I'd love to be able to give some hard figures, but I haven't really installed it on something (barring stupid stuff like a Raspberry Pi) that struggled with the load.

3. I think it's one 1 port per RTP session, isn't it? Never really hit that limit tbf, and if I would I'd probably just create another profile on another IP address.

4. I don't think there's an official one, but I notice some people have tried in the past. If you could, you'd be best placed to dockerise: FreeSwitch, PostgreSQL, PHP-FPM/Nginx for Fusion all separately. Think you'd have to be a FusionPBX guru to do it properly, (i.e to pull in lua scripts, recordings, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.