SOLVED Gateway Not Starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amit Iyer

Feb 6, 2018
Hello,

I have made a fresh install of Fusionpbx from the website on a Centos 7 server and when i create a gateway it does not start, i have made sure that the hostname field is blank. Can anyone please help me here ?

eddie79it

Nov 12, 2018
Hello, i am having the same issue with version 4.4 just installed.
Added the ip address in the Access Control, no hostname but unable to start and, apparently the gateway (from fs_cli command sofia status and sofia status gateways) shows no gateway configured.
Can you please help?

acoma

Nov 17, 2018
Hi,
I also have the same issue. I am going to try Debian 9 install, see if that works, look at the config files and try figure what is wrong with the CentOS 7 install.

acoma

Nov 17, 2018
I just wanted to reply that Debian 9 worked straight away when setup the same as my CentOS 7 instance. I have had no time to see where the issue lies due to work being very busy. I'm also a little cautious of using CentOS 7 as there seems to be a pro-Debian/anti-Centos/RH theme going on in the forums which I find discouraging.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Thr reason it is pro Debian is that is what the FreeSwitch developers recommend. Because of that, the FusionPBX developer also uses Debian. This means Debian is the tested version. All the Centos stuff is usually community contributed and those community members come and go so often the Centos stuff is untested and brings loads of problems over time.

I use Debian. Why? Because that is what is recommended. If Centos where recommended I would switch to that. I came to FusionPBX to get a working production PBX so I use the OS that will give me and, more importantly, my customers, the least pain.

acoma

Nov 17, 2018
Hi Daz,
That is fine and all the power to you with a fine application such as FusionPBX. I think a few others including myself assumed FusionPBX worked fine on CentOS 7 due to it being an install/download option on the Downloads page. Perhaps a disclaimer should be added about the gateway issue until someone can have a look at it. Just my 2c worth.

Thanks for supporting an excellent front-end to Freeswitch.

Reactions: DigitalDaz

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Hi Daz,
That is fine and all the power to you with a fine application such as FusionPBX. I think a few others including myself assumed FusionPBX worked fine on CentOS 7 due to it being an install/download option on the Downloads page. Perhaps a disclaimer should be added about the gateway issue until someone can have a look at it. Just my 2c worth.

Thanks for supporting an excellent front-end to Freeswitch.

I'm just a user, all credit belongs to mcrane.

I am opposed to Centos being listed on the FusionPBX website for exactly the reasons you have highlighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.