Getting booted from Thinq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
Anyone else get an email from Thinq saying that if you don't meet min they are going to close your account? I've been using them for maybe 5+ years and average about 80,000m per month but apparently they are implementing a minimum and if you don't meet it they are just booting you.

Ian Oakes

Oct 14, 2016
I have not, but I use them as a backup backup backup carrier. Essentially last in the list. I expect I will probably receive them soon enough. Do you have origination with them?

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
I do not have origination with them. I got an email subject: "Reminder: Your thinQ plan changes 9/1".

When I opened a ticket to "ask them how to save" we had a meeting and the guy basically said "If you can't meet the $500/month min we don't want your business" and told me to find someone else.

Dan

Jul 23, 2017
Did thinQ ever improve their API? It seemed half baked (eg: could not look up available phone numbers, had to just blindly request phone numbers in a particular area code).

A year or so ago thinQ ratedecks did not seem terribly competitive outside the toll free space. BulkVS dropping public toll free rates to $0.0055/min made it much less appealing to invest the time to deal with thinQ for us compared to renegotiating with existing carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.