Global Phone Book / Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Hello
I'm trying to figure out how to add a phone number to a global phone book or contact list. I've read several posts, but I'm failing to understand the process. Firstly, I have four types of phones that I want to have access to a common phone number list.

Phones:
Fanvil X5U
Yealink W56 H cordless phone. Base station is a W60 B
Microsip softphone
Zoiper softphone

Goal:
To be able to add / delete or edit a phone number from one server and have it automatically populate all four phones or have those phones reference one common file location where the information is stored.

I've seen the word "Application > Phonebook" mentioned but I don't know how to add it. Is this suppose to be added via "Advance > Modules"?

So from the top down, how do I go about creating a global phone book? Is it:

1.) Create a provisioning template for each phone type and look for the URL of the phonebook / contact list file within that template?
2.) On each type of phone, add the provisioning server IP address or URL from above? I don't have "option 66" setup in my DHCP. Reset phone.
3.) Under "Advance > Group Manager" do I create a new "Group" and assign that to each "Accounts > Extensions"?
4.) Next under "Applications > Contacts" do I create new contact that includes the name and phone number?
5.) Now what?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
These settings should help you out. Contacts can now be done with groups and user permissions (bit cumbersome, the device and extension needs to be assigned a user). Disabling that should give you three addressbooks as long as you enable them, extensions, groups and users.

If you're like me who doesn't use the permissions, you may want to not bother enabling the users one.

I only use Yealinks, so for the rest you might have to do something else. I know MIcroSIP wants just some XML file I think. You may have to make your own directory.xml template for that.

Contact

SubcategoryTypeValueEnabledDescription
permissionsbooleanfalseTrue

Provision

SubcategoryTypeValueEnabledDescription
contact_extensionsbooleantrueTrueallow extensions to be provisioned as contacts in provision templates
contact_groupsbooleantrueTrue
contact_usersbooleantrueTrue

Status
Not open for further replies.