Greetings from Indiana, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR1138

Sep 1, 2021
Greencastle, IN USA
Hello everyone,

My mission in life is to learn new things. I'm a technology generalist, not an expert on anything but functional in many things. Over the course of the last year I've decided to embrace the open source community as part of my new mission to remove as much of my presence from the "cloud" as possible. This isn't a politically motivated move, but I prefer to own my own data. Based on the wonderful projects available now, this seemed to be the right time to try. I've replicated, on my own servers (mostly containers), everything from cloud storage, email servers, social networks, photo hosting and organization, music streaming services, media streaming services, online meetings, chat, gitlab, and many many others. As part of this I decided to migrate my Google Voice numbers to a self-hosted option. I've now ported four numbers to VoiceTel and have configured a working instance of FusionPBX. I'm very impressed as this is my first step into anything phone related. My next task is to provide a conference call-in number for my Jitsi server for team meetings. This should be fun!

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Welcome. A great many people are also doing similar to you and moving away from the big tech companies. I (We) do everything Open Source and give something back wherever possible. I've just finished moving all my home automation away from third parties by using Tasmota, MQTT and the Home Assistant. Anything is doable if one has a mind to do it!

KR1138

Sep 1, 2021
Greencastle, IN USA
Thanks for the welcome! I too am a (local control) Tasmota, MQTT, Home Assistant user, all fantastic products/projects. I sync three Mosquitto MQTT servers between my home, (my)cloud server, and office to enable connectivity wherever I go. With all of the chaos in the world today it is fascinating and encouraging to see so many talented people and groups of people creating projects to empower regular people like me. What an interesting time to be alive. I do try to always subscribe to the value-for-value model and give back through monetary/crypto contributions or in other ways. On a side note, I've had the opportunity of meeting and talking with the guys that created the MQTT protocol on several occasions. Also, good people.

Now....onto FusionPBX!

Status
Not open for further replies.