GXW410x FXO gateway, outbound working, inbound not..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxcom

Sep 15, 2021
Hi all,

After sorting out my internal setup, I tried to setup my Grandstream GXW4104, I'm using a single FXO line on this gateway.

Gateway and Fusion on same lan/subnet.

On Fusion, for outbound, I did the following:
1. Setup Accounts > Gateway in fusion, no user/pass or anything, just specify the proxy/realm (both set to gateways IP).
2. Set outbound route, Dial 9 then digits..

On the GXW4104, I changed:
Stage Method: 1

And thats it, outbound is working.

Inbound however I'm not getting it:
In the GXW4104 I set this:
Settings > Channel Settings:
Unconditional Call Forwarding: ch1-4:100; (basically tells the gateway to just forward all incoming calls on all fxo ports to user 100 (my test extension).

I checked the acl, the gateway's IP is allowed (its in the same subnet, so its allowed by a /24).

I tested with creating an inbound route, where if destination is the actual fxo line number, then forward to 100, but I wonder, isn't that what the GXW4014 itself is trying to do (forward to 100) ?

EDIT: Got it working, 2 things I did:
In the GXW I set "unconditional forward.." mentioned above to 1200, and in fusion I created a destination 1200, then modified it in inbound route to change condition to "to sip", matches: 1200 coming from GXW, with action set to forward to my extension! And inbound works!
I also changed GXW SIP to use TCP instead of UDP.

This is called DID (direct inward dialing) isn't it?

Anyways if anyone has any questions about setup or have different methods for setting up FXO gateways please let me know!

Thanks

Last edited:

rkbsimpsipper

Jan 3, 2022
Hi all,

After sorting out my internal setup, I tried to setup my Grandstream GXW4104, I'm using a single FXO line on this gateway.

Gateway and Fusion on same lan/subnet.

On Fusion, for outbound, I did the following:
1. Setup Accounts > Gateway in fusion, no user/pass or anything, just specify the proxy/realm (both set to gateways IP).
2. Set outbound route, Dial 9 then digits..

On the GXW4104, I changed:
Stage Method: 1

And thats it, outbound is working.

Inbound however I'm not getting it:
In the GXW4104 I set this:
Settings > Channel Settings:
Unconditional Call Forwarding: ch1-4:100; (basically tells the gateway to just forward all incoming calls on all fxo ports to user 100 (my test extension).

I checked the acl, the gateway's IP is allowed (its in the same subnet, so its allowed by a /24).

I tested with creating an inbound route, where if destination is the actual fxo line number, then forward to 100, but I wonder, isn't that what the GXW4014 itself is trying to do (forward to 100) ?

EDIT: Got it working, 2 things I did:
In the GXW I set "unconditional forward.." mentioned above to 1200, and in fusion I created a destination 1200, then modified it in inbound route to change condition to "to sip", matches: 1200 coming from GXW, with action set to forward to my extension! And inbound works!
I also changed GXW SIP to use TCP instead of UDP.

This is called DID (direct inward dialing) isn't it?

Anyways if anyone has any questions about setup or have different methods for setting up FXO gateways please let me know!

Thanks
I am using a gxw4104 as well. I have the gateway set similar, inbound works very well, cid and all. Outbound it hangs up after the pbx requests an update, the gxw replies with an error in its update, having an extra whitespace character.
Anyway you can send me your gateway and outbound route setting? Or if someone else wants to pipe in I would appreciate it

Best
KB

Status
Not open for further replies.