Hello and heads on FusionPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

danilo

Aug 14, 2018
Adelaide Australia
souza.com.au
Hello everybody. about 15 years ago I used to work installing VoIP ATA devices on traditional PBX and to home users.

Now I am going back to work with VoIP. But now providing PBX VoIP services and I have selected FusionPBX as my main system.
So I will share the positive points I found to make this choice.
* New development, breaking away from the traditional PBX, which I imagine that gives room to make better solutions to a more modern market and demands. Such as the ability to make the PBX multidomain. I just loved it!
* Beautiful and intuitive user interface (except the for log viewing).
* Low footprint. I am running my PBX from a Linux container. At this moment of writing it is only taking 119MB of RAM from my system.
* Installation was straightforward with no hiccups.

It was a winner comparing to few other such 3CX and FreePBX.
* 3CX the very first I tried and it was cool! A good system footprint on the system and the GUI was good too. I would probably have stayed with it if wasn't for the licencing costs. And I didn't like the branding built into it. I want my customer to see no branding if not mine.
* FreePBX. Oh my! The GUI is so full and I find the navigation in the system very confusing. It probably does everything that I may ever need, but I am not there yet, and maybe I will never be. Plus, the GUI is ugly and with branding everywhere.
* FreePBX system footprint is very heavy. First I tried to install in a Debian Linux Container and I got tired of the hiccups I was having and decided to install the distribution they make available with it already installed. Since I am used to Debianland, I wasn't very happy that the configuration files and package management were outside of my comfort zone, then just after installing the system it took almost 2G of RAM (Something like 1750MB). Too much compared to the max of 200MB my Debian container takes running FusionPBX.

But since nothing is perfect. I see there isn't much material to support self-service on FusionPBX, and that is why I am here.
I am here to contribute and belong.

I am not an expert on FusionPBX or VoIP itself (yet), but I will be glad if I can help the community to solve problems I have already faced.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.