How many radio hams do we have on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Totally off topic but just curious.

I'm M5ADI. Had it since about 2000, it was a UK class B, we did the 5wpm morse. I later got auto upgraded to a class A and was offered a class A callsign but I chose to retain the old one as I figured more people may want to talk as it was rarer. Most of my HF kit is now stashed away in a storage place, I have never been able to get a decent antenna up.

I occasionally use start and have a reflector at http://xlx.m5adi.com/

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
licensed since 1998. Previously KC2ELO as a technician level (my wife has since taken over that call sign) Upgraded straight to Extra by teaming the General written test, Extra written test, and 5wpm Morse test in the same sitting in 2003.
I chose to change call signs to get a shorter one and to have my home state’s area number. I was stationed in New York when I received first call sign but am from “5” land.

Have done all sorts of activities in the hobby but have been been limited with HF fun due to the same antenna limitations and haven’t been on air much lately.
I used to manage/operate a UHF repeater and various ROIP/VOIP linking systems until the hospital it was on top of closed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.