I'm Dave currently from Everett (Everwet) Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davesworld

Feb 1, 2019
Hello everyone! By profession I am a Senior Avionics Technician having started in the United States Air Force and receiving a grueling amount of schooling and hands on in Electronic Theory followed by Avionics Instruments.

I have always leaned toward technical, namely electronics since I was a child with Audio equipment being my first love as it were. Of course anything that has wheels or goes on water with an engine in it is really big too but I'll save those for another time and place.

I became interested in computing in the late 1990s when there were programs that I found useful in existence such as electronic circuit building and loudspeaker building. Upon setting up my first computer I became fascinated with the process itself and couldn't stop learning nor leave it alone. It took me about four months with Windows to get the urge to start tinkering with Linux so my experience with both go back twenty years. Of course with Linux I tinkered with code, patched kernels for specific hardware and for a good amount of time I made an adaptation of IPCop patched to run on Cobalt hardware dubbed Raqcop. IPCop is defunct and the Cobalt hardware is so old and slow it does not matter. I now use OPNsense as a gateway.

I started using VOIP eleven years ago and became fascinated with it to where I quickly started using BYOD services. I then thought, "why not run my own PBX?" I had always been interested in Freeswitch so I looked at the gui options and settled on FusionPBX in 2017. At present I use Anveo Direct between the CLECS and my PBX and Bulk Services to handle 911 duties. Both gateways are ip based for authentication and cannot be registered like a regular sip provider.

Nice to meet all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.