In fusion PBX, What governs the "provision" on device page or Registrations page from working or not?

Doug Dassow

New Member
Dec 20, 2020
12
0
1
51
In fusion PBX, What governs the "provision" on device page or Registrations page from working or not?

Hello, I have several Fusion PBX instances, Most are BDR. We use mostly Yealink Phones.

We have a new set of servers that has been spun up. They are at 5.0.3 Master Branch

We are setting up Yealink T54w's.
Firmware 96.85.0.5 for one device
Firmware 96.86.0.70 for another device
I set up two devices to see if my issue is with different firmware

So Normally, after we get a phone to provision using RPS and auto provision, and when at a later time we want to make a small change, like add a blf key. we go into the device page, make the change and then hit save, then provision both on the top right of the device page. The yealink phone's red led blinks a few times and the changes take. without the phone rebooting.

This is not happening, so I was wondering is there something I have turned off in default settings? the main "enabled" to allow provisioning to happen is set to true, and the phone initially gets its config on a factory wipe without a problem.

Yet it works on are other fusion PBX servers.

Thank you for any help in advance
 

hfoster

Active Member
Jan 28, 2019
400
41
28
32
One thing I mucked up recently was defining the autoprovisioning URL from FusionPBX....but incorrectly. It doesn't do any transformations on the field at all, so you cannot use it to dynamically set the URL. Provisions, then never again.

One thing I would do:

1. Packet capture from yealink, see what's happening to the HTTPS traffic.
2. Check the nginx logs on the server, see if the phone is even attempting a request.
 

Doug Dassow

New Member
Dec 20, 2020
12
0
1
51
I have got this solved. Turned out your option 2 led me to the problem. The log showed that when the device hit the provisioning, access log said 404 file not found on all the config and boot files. Yet when I went to the device page I was able to download the files. So I knew they were there. So the phone makes it to the PBX but can't get the files. hmm My owner then told me how the provision button from the Device page works. When I hit the button, it sends a notify packet to the device to resync. Using SNgrep I saw the packet request for the device to resync. Then I saw the 200 ok from the phone that it acknowledged it. But yet it didnt get the files. Long story long. When I placed the phone in Yealink RPS i put the URL for the "domain" on the multi-tenant PBX in the server profile and the device profile. That explain why a factory reset allowed the phone to enter in the PBX and get its config with no problem. But then a provision later from the page wasn't working. Well, In default settings for the entire PBX under Yealink_provision_Url we had set this to the URL for the entire PBX. and it was set to true. That caused a problem because when I hit provision it told the phone to resync but cleared out the URL which was placed in there by RPS and used the URL for from the default settings. So the device reached the PBX but not the domain. NGINX reported that it was there but found no device matching in the root of the PBX. the device was in the tenant's domain. Problem solved. Lesson learned. Never use Yealink_provision_url in a multi tenant PBX. truthfully, I don't see where I would ever use it as long as you are always using Yealink's RPS service. Thank you Doug