Incoming Message Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Jan 23, 2017
Hello,

ISSUE: I cannot see incoming messages from an external source in FS_CLI.

CAUSE: I can see the following behavior from sngrep.

WORKING STATE: Before upgrading FreeSwitch and FusionPBX:
My server/freeswitch was responding to an incoming MESSAGE with 200 OK.

CURRENT STATE: After upgrading FreeSwitch and FusionPBX:
My server/freeswitch responds to an incoming MESSAGE with 407 Authentication is Required.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
  • No issues with the incoming calls.
  • The IP address of the sender is in my ignoreIP list of fail2ban
  • The IP addresses which the MESSAGE item is coming from (based on sngrep logs) are also in my access control as ALLOW.
  • Disabling Fail2Ban does not change the behavior.
  • When I downgrade to the previous versions of FreeSwitch and FusionPBX, the issue disappear.

QUESTION:
How can I bypass 407 Authentication is Required and see the MESSAGE on FS_CLI Again?

Thank you for your kind response and help in advance:)

Last edited:

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Add the IP of the sender to your Access control list in Fusionpbx.
Assuming this is for an SMS gateway of an existing trunk you might already have in your access control list, the provider is probably using a different server for messages.

John

Jan 23, 2017
Add the IP of the sender to your Access control list in Fusionpbx.
Assuming this is for an SMS gateway of an existing trunk you might already have in your access control list, the provider is probably using a different server for messages.
Dear @ad5ou ,

I appreciate your response. From my sngrep logs, I can see that the MESSAGE item is coming from the same IP addresses which are in my access control list. I updated my question above to include this information as well.

John

Jan 23, 2017
If your ACL is correct then next question is how is your Gateway setup?
Dear @mcs3ss2,

Thank you for your reply as well. Do you think it would have anything to do with my gateways?

1- I do not have issues with incoming calls from these IP addresses.
2- My gateways are setup just for outgoing calls.

Please kindly let me know if I am missing something about gateways.

Last edited:

John

Jan 23, 2017
So it has nothing to do with this case. This is for incoming messaging not hitting the FS_Cli

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Hi John,
I would love to help you, but I am at a disadvantage because 1, I have not upgraded to Fusion V5 and, 2, I don't really use SMS on the PBX.

I would start looking at the loaded modules, older Fusion versions will load the FreeeSWITCH module mod_sms. Look at the configuration files as well, just as phone calls use a dialplan, sms uses a chatplan. Check out what is written in the /etc/freeswitch/chatplan/ directory.

Sorry, not much help...

John

Jan 23, 2017
Hi John,
I would love to help you, but I am at a disadvantage because 1, I have not upgraded to Fusion V5 and, 2, I don't really use SMS on the PBX.

I would start looking at the loaded modules, older Fusion versions will load the FreeeSWITCH module mod_sms. Look at the configuration files as well, just as phone calls use a dialplan, sms uses a chatplan. Check out what is written in the /etc/freeswitch/chatplan/ directory.

Sorry, not much help...
Thank you very much for your reply @Adrian Fretwell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.