Initializing - Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
Is it normal for the second BDR server to show as "Initializing"? As far as I can tell, it is connected and data is being duplicated just fine.

1620955629453.png
Server 2 shows the status of both as "Ready". I'm more curious than anything here.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
All nodes should normally show “Ready”

if you just built the cluster double check both servers can connect to each other. Might have missed a firewall rule etc

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
if you just built the cluster double check both servers can connect to each other. Might have missed a firewall rule etc
It has been like this ever since I built it, weeks ago. I have restarted the servers, nothing. I have stopped postgres on each server and everything works just fine. It's weird...especially since it the "primary" server shows the secondary as initializing, but the secondary shows both servers as ready.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
I'd like to modify this a bit because these two issues are likely correlated.
I have also found that if I restart Freeswitch or the server as a whole, I get a bunch of database errors. Only by restarting PostgreSQL on that server a few times will things work.

I did do the test of logging into Server A through the GUI and console. Stopping PostgreSQL, and refreshing the GUI. It gave an error the first time and then loaded on the second refresh (HA Proxy kicking in). I also clicked around to ensure things weren't cached and actual data was loading. So...it seems it can in fact communicate between both nodes.
Server B loads data just fine, which further shows to me replication is occurring.

If anyone wants to take a bit to look around, send me what you'd charge.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
I went through the documentation of removing the nodes and then resetting it up. Both are now showing "Ready" on each node.

I am replicating the Freeswitch database, is there a guide I am missing that details dropping the content & schema of the freeswitch database and recreating it all?

Status
Not open for further replies.