Inter-Domain/Tenant Dialing

SenseiNYC

Oct 6, 2023
Just to start, I saw 2 other threads with similar titles, but they are regarding local extension dialing between tenants/domains. This is not related.

I have a multi-tenant design. eg:
  • cust1.domain.name (DID: 631-555-1111)
  • cust2.domain.name (DID: 632-555-2222
  • cust3.domain.name (DID: 633-555-3333)
  • cust4.domain.name (DID: 634-555-4444)
When customer 1 calls any other customer rather than staying internal within FusionPBX it first routes out to the carrier then comes back in. WHY?????
Why does the carrier need to get involved with inter-domain/tenant routing?

Please don't offer the solution of adding a static route for each customer to route between another since there could potentially be a few hundred tenants/domains and adding static routes is a no from the start. I am sure there has got to be a way to configure the settings to auto-detect if a DID is hosted on the same PBX and route the call accordingly. Please say there is!

Thanks!

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Enable the is_local dialplan rule. It's a LUA script that detects local routes and transfers them to the destination context accordingly.

As for the WHY?????, it's probably for people like me who have to make every call to different entities go via the voice core network instead of floating around in the PBX. CDRs, billing, call recordings, legal interception, etc.

SenseiNYC

Oct 6, 2023
Enable the is_local dialplan rule. It's a LUA script that detects local routes and transfers them to the destination context accordingly.

As for the WHY?????, it's probably for people like me who have to make every call to different entities go via the voice core network instead of floating around in the PBX. CDRs, billing, call recordings, legal interception, etc.
I appreciate the assist, just wondering why there is no docs on this. the only docs on this appears to be:

is_local: Can be used to evaluate calls as local.

SenseiNYC

Oct 6, 2023

you got me thinking about needing to go to the voice core. that may actually be the better way to go, but our voice core is asterisk 1.4.21 in real-time mode, customized (ie; completely stripped down of features except call routing) and for some reason the dial plans don't seem to be sending the calls back to fusion but instead to the PSTN.