IP Address Change - Freeswitch Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

finnsloss

Oct 17, 2019
Hi,

I have taken a clone of the virtual server running FusionPBX. It has a new hostname and IP address.

The problem is that freeswitch does not bind to the new IP address, instead it binds to 127.0.0.1

This means that no external phones or SIP lines can connect to the server.
I am cloning the server so that I can test updates / upgrades on the cloned system rather than the production system.

How do you change the IP address that FusionPBX / Freeswitch binds to?

I have looked through Defaults / Variables / Config Files, but cannot seem to find any reference to the old IP address!

Thanks,
Finn

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
On each server, go to Advanced/variables

Add/Update the variables external_sip_ip and external_rtp_ip to the appropriate external IP address for each server.

On any server, go to your Sofia sip profile and add/update the variables as such:
  • ext-sip-ip=$${external_sip_ip}
  • ext-rtp-ip=$${external_rtp_ip}
restart the new server, and restart the old server when appropriate. You could reloadxml and restart each sofia profile too.

finnsloss

Oct 17, 2019
Thanks for the pointer!

I have found that just simply editing the SIP profiles 'internal' and or 'external' and just clicking 'Save' is enough to update the IP Address that freeswitch binds to.

After I updated the SIP Profile in the GUI, I ran the following on the command line:

sudo fs_cli sofia profile internal restart reloadxml sofia profile external restart reloadxml

and also restarted the freeswitch service:

sudo systemctl restart freeswitch

Then the server accepts connections on the new IP address.

Thanks mingus for your help!

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
You're welcome.

The reason I prefer updating the variables list is that the sofia profiles are saved to the database. I believe the variables list is saved to a file. As such, the variables can be different per server. If you are sharing a database or using database replication, you'd be changing the Sofia profile for every FreeSWITCH server connected to that database cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.