Is it possible to correctly launch fusionpвx/freeswitch in an unprivileged LXC on Proxmox VE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergey Potap

Mar 31, 2020
Dear colleagues!
Maybe I again raise the topic that was previously discussed here. But still...
Tell me, please, is it possible to install Fusionpbx in an unprivileged container on Proxmox VE? If not, why?
P.S. Yesterday I tried to install Fusionpbx in an unprivileged LXC on Proxmox VE 6.1 and failed - the freeswitch did not start.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Dear colleagues!
Maybe I again raise the topic that was previously discussed here. But still...
Tell me, please, is it possible to install Fusionpbx in an unprivileged container on Proxmox VE? If not, why?
P.S. Yesterday I tried to install Fusionpbx in an unprivileged LXC on Proxmox VE 6.1 and failed - the freeswitch did not start.

The question would best be asked in Freeswitch IRC, the problems will be with Freeswitch. Probably things to do with real time clock etc if it is anything like the problems I used to have with Solaris.

Sergey Potap

Mar 31, 2020
Dear DigitalDaz, I have this error after installing FusionPbx:
root@serg:/usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian# systemctl status freeswitch.service
* freeswitch.service - freeswitch
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/freeswitch.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2020-05-27 06:49:39 UTC; 2min 45s ago
Process: 42998 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/run/freeswitch (code=exited, status=214/SETSCHEDULER)

May 27 06:49:39 serg systemd[1]: freeswitch.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
May 27 06:49:39 serg systemd[1]: freeswitch.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
May 27 06:49:39 serg systemd[1]: Stopped freeswitch.
May 27 06:49:39 serg systemd[1]: freeswitch.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
May 27 06:49:39 serg systemd[1]: freeswitch.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
May 27 06:49:39 serg systemd[1]: Failed to start freeswitch.
root@serg:/usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian#

Did you have a similar mistake on Solaris?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Yes, it looks like exactly the same; SETSCHEDULER. Freeswitch needs access to the real time clock for all its timing I think. An unprivileged container just doesn't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.