Not open for further replies.

bayden10

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
www.icttech.net
Debian: SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt25-2+deb8u3 (2016-07-02) x86_64 GNU/Linux
FusionPBX: v4.3.0
Freeswitch: 1.6.9 (64bit)

Hi, in the article here: https://www.sip247.com/content/using-resource-limits-fusionpbx-4x it states that defaults can be set per domain in a multi tenant configuration but when applying these defaults and logged into the domain the Limit defaults revert back to the global defaults and have an affect to all Tenants.

Can you explain in more detail how to achieve this per domain default settings.

thanks,
Jim

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Jim,

Once you had copied the specific limits to the domain, did you log out and then back in again? You need to do this to 'see' the effect of the limits.

If you did, then let me know. I'll make a video to clarify anyway later today.

Jim, I would alos caution you against using 4.3.0 that is going to be the unstable version and I believe it is quite unstable at the moment. The installer has only just been updated vary recently to use the 4.2 stable branch. I would advise you to switch to that.

That wouldn't have any effect on this limits issue though.

bayden10

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
www.icttech.net
Debian: SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt25-2+deb8u3 (2016-07-02) x86_64 GNU/Linux
FusionPBX: v4.3.0
Freeswitch: 1.6.9 (64bit)

DigitalDaz, we do take caution with new releases but are not concerned at the moment as our servers are not yet live in production. When you say "copy the specific limits to the domain" what step is this.
In the attachment you will notice that the defaults are configured but in the default settings all. When logging out and then back in to a Tenant's domain and the tenant had originally been created with default limits of 5 extensions the global default limits persists and the tenant can create 10 extensions based on this example and attachment.

Attachments

• limit.png
    limit.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 71

bayden10

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
www.icttech.net
One thing I have noticed, but may possibly be a bug, is that once the limits are set a user can copy an extension above the limit for that domain. Can you confirm this.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Jim, most have them can be copied like, that, eg per domain themes, logos etc.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Jim, You are bang on with that bug, I will take a look at that code, I think the copy is a recent addition but it looks like its not respecting the limits

Hugh Blandford

Oct 1, 2016
Thanks for the video, taught me about the copy and limits. Going to make a big difference for me this afternoon as I have to deploy a couple more domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.