Manual Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
I tried to run manual updates...FusionPBX is now 6' under.

The GUI gives a 500 error. I am seeing this:
Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'domains' not found in /var/www/fusionpbx/resources/pdo.php:338
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/fusionpbx/resources/require.php(53): require()
#1 /var/www/fusionpbx/core/upgrade/upgrade.php(33): require_once('/var/www/fusion...')
#2 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/fusionpbx/resources/pdo.php on line 338
Is there any hope in repair?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
If it's just the FusionPBX part. You can always just delete (or move to /tmp/ or something...just in case you need to restore) the folder and clone the latest from github. You would probably have to do the upgrade parts after, schema, app defaults, etc.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
You're probably not using a compiled version of freeswitch. The Debian releases have pretty much always made use of the packaged release which spreads the files out over many locations like /etc/freeswitch /usr/share/freeswitch /usr/lib/freeswitch, etc. Compiled all goes into /usr/local/

As long as FreeSwitch and the PostgreSQL database are running, so will the PBX. You just can't modify stuff easily without the PHP frontend of FusionPBX.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
I updated that post. I got the GUI working. Should I be concerned over not using the compiled version or will I not see a difference? I assume I want the compiled version, no?

Now to figure out this charm tonight :)
1649079648293.png

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Unless you're a Gentoo enthusiast, I see no advantage in the compiled FreeSwitch. You would only really compile if you're trying to make a super cut down version for embedded devices or something...or if you can't be bothered to sign up for a SignalWire API key (which is stupid imo).

'Schema' -> This goes through each FusionPBX 'app' and ensures the PostGreSQL tables are the correct type. I think it fixes columns if possible. This doesn't happen often.
'App Defaults' -> Sets the 'Default Settings' to their default state, and adds them if they aren't present.
'Menu Defaults' -> Resets the menu bar at the top back to default and adds any new items if there are some.
'Permission Defaults' -> Resets the Group Permissions and adds any new permissions if there are some.

This usually gets you back to the 'clean' state without breaking your config for extensions, etc.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
The "Source Code" upgrade option is missing, that's what I was referring to.
It seems the upgrade process on that doc is outdated or goes off something else (stable repo)? Not finding the /usr/local/freeswitch was making me look in the wrong places since /var/www/fusionpbx is what broke (for the most part).

Status
Not open for further replies.