Moving to DigialOcean

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkintenn

Aug 8, 2018
Knoxville, Tn
setting up a new server on Digital Ocean, Centos 8.

Nginx is failing to start because the installation doesn't create the user, or add it to the group.

Next issue was, php wasn't installed but the freeswitch repo url either was a)down or b) incorrect

Just an fyi installing fusionpbx on centos 8.

tkintenn

Aug 8, 2018
Knoxville, Tn
So apparently the centos install is just broken. debian worked. these comments are for anyone who struggled like i did. I even updated the install scripts with the correct url for the postgre, still had issues.

tkintenn

Aug 8, 2018
Knoxville, Tn
Why are you installing on an unsupported untested OS?

the downloads page says this :
CentOS Install
Start with a minimal install of CentOS 7. Then run the following commands as 'root'.

I tried both7 and 8. Both fail. On both postgre fails, the repo doesn't accept http connections. I then updated the script but Centos 7 complained about pgdg being older than what was already installed. I tried this 3 times and gave up went to debian. There was another issue trying to install on 7.6, I can't remember what it was. Related to nginx.

zenvoip

Jul 19, 2018
I had problems with digital ocean , but I was using Debin 9. Everything installed just fine but we had several issues with fusionpbx. We had to move everything back Vultr.com. Let me know how it goes with Digital ocean.

cfikes

May 9, 2018
I have a few instances installed on Digital ocean with Debian 9 and 10, both work very well even with the lowest tier plan. Even have openVPN setup on them for cloud hosting solutions. Automated the certificate process using the Hurricane Electric DNS hook and certbot. Been very happy with the setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.