NAT Issues with Virgin Business Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyrshireIT

Mar 21, 2021
Hi all,

I've created a fairly robust system for my customers based in the UK using two servers and BDS between them to replicated the database.

I'm about to migrate a new customer onto my system and now I'm having issues with NAT but only seems to happen
at the customers premises and when on a Virgin Business Broadband line which is a 500mbps cable connection.

The system is setup as follows :

Node 1 & Node 2 are mirrored using BDS for the database and BTSYNC to replicate the files.

The phones are Fanvil X4U's and they register onto both Nodes as separate SIP accounts, to the customers perspective they
show on the phone as 'Line 1' & 'Line 2'

The nodes themselves are also registered to a SIP trunk provider in the UK and every 2 - 3 minutes the registration
ping pongs between the two nodes to provide a failover for inbound calls.

I like this setup as either one of the servers can go offline and calls work perfectly with only a few minutes downtime on registration
on the gateway site to let calls come into the system.

Up until this point i have managed to keep the SIP profile settings for 'ext-rtp-ip' & 'sip-ip' set at the default settings of $${local_ip_v4}

The issue is i have replicated the database over and if i update this for one node it breaks the other.

I have no issues with any of my customers apart from this one new client using Virgin.

I know the issue definitely a NAT with the virgin router as when i take the same test phone home on Virgin residential it works just fine and
the registration shows up as TCP-NAT but on virgin business we just get TCP

However on the business product which uses a different router we get no audio on the test phone.

If this NAT issue is to do with the SIP Profile settings how do i create those settings for each node as database settings change together ?

Any assistance or guidance would be grateful.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I think there is a SIP ALG on the Hitron routers, get that switched off.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Nah, Virgin Business uses Hitron, you get access to them, its a nightmare. I just put this into modem mode.

Also note, it gets much worse if you have static IP. With statics, they get routed through a GRE tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.