Network Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
When I try to access the FusionPBX server from another computer on the network, I can type in the IP address and the login screen comes right up. But try as I might, the screen will not accept the log-in credentials that work fine on the server itself.

What am I missing?

mat1010

Jun 8, 2019
Germany
During the initial setup you have defined a default domain which is being expected by fusionpbx for you admin account. If you use the IP to connect to the webui, and the IP address is not your default domain, you have to use <username>@<defualt domain> as account. If you don't remember the domain name, you could look it up in the fusionpbx database.

SQL:
postgres=# \c fusionpbx
You are now connected to database "fusionpbx" as user "postgres".
fusionpbx=# select * from v_domains;
       domain_name       
-------------------------
your.defaultdomain.org

mat1010

Jun 8, 2019
Germany
What do you mean by
that work fine on the server itself.

You mean when connecting through localhost? What do you type in the browser when connecting from the server itself? And what do you type into the browser when connecting from remote? It all depens what's being sent as host header in the HTTP request.

mat1010

Jun 8, 2019
Germany
Mh, that's really strange. I don't know what's wrong there. Have you tried to add an additional account through accounts > users to see if your are able to use it to login from the remote system? Is 192.168.1.21 also the dom name shown under advanced > domains ?

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
Yeah, that was my whole point. All the computers are on the same LAN and the login screen clearly comes up the same. I was wondering if there was some sort of cookie set during install, but I've never heard of such a thing before.

I did try another user, and it did work just fine. Still don't know why. Also, the domain name is that address. Go figure.

Well, that's enough for today. I may have to post a bug report.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.