New corp user from Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfc1920

Jul 1, 2021
Hello, all. I am attempting to replace our antiquated Asterisk/FreePBX/Vicidial 'system' with a more modern alternative. The first step will be to replace one system which handles just a few calls as well as a single IVR for two people. This is the FreePBX system that has actually been up for over 5 years. Sure, it's been reliable. But, I think the main reason it's still up is fear of the unknown should it get rebooted. I have learned a fair amount messing around with FusionPBX over the last week or so - more to come...

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Welcome. You well get plenty of help here. Look out for @ad5ou he is relatively "Local" to you and is very knowledgeable with Fusion and FreeSWITCH.

Reactions: ad5ou

rfc1920

Jul 1, 2021
Thanks. I was hoping to avoid the expenditure of adding 4 physical servers for vicidial. But, the boss decided to go ahead rather than trust the new stuff right away. Surely we'll be able to repurpose them once that trash is out of the way.

rfc1920

Jul 1, 2021
..and Paris, Tx is also many hours away from me. Moscow is closer. Egypt even closer, I think.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Then we are probably fairly close. I'm in NW Houston (Cypress) area.

Status
Not open for further replies.