SOLVED nexmo and fusionpbx don't talk to each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

atmosphere617

May 19, 2018
If you cannot anticipate the ip signalling originates from, you will need to use the external context. Allowing 0.0.0.0 is a terrible solution, since it allows anyone to assume the role of any extension on your pbx without authentication.

If you had the same trouble (487 response to an invite) then I would verify that you didn't mistakenly turn on auth-calls on the external context. If auth-calls is "false" you have a different issue, and need to address that directly.

manindersinghajimal

Oct 1, 2020
If you cannot anticipate the ip signalling originates from, you will need to use the external context. Allowing 0.0.0.0 is a terrible solution, since it allows anyone to assume the role of any extension on your pbx without authentication.

If you had the same trouble (487 response to an invite) then I would verify that you didn't mistakenly turn on auth-calls on the external context. If auth-calls is "false" you have a different issue, and need to address that directly.
I'll check it, btw it's in external sip profile right?

atmosphere617

May 19, 2018
I'll check it, btw it's in external sip profile right?
Yeah advanced -> sip profiles.The auth-calls param is what tells the profile to do digest authentication on inbound invites. The 487 is the "challenge" from freeswitch, a normal UA will respond to the 487 with a hash of it's creds and nounce string(sent in the 487).

The only way that a profile will respond to an invite with a 487 is if "auth-calls" is true.

If auth-calls isn't true, you have a different issue. Do another sip trace and confirm the carrier is actually routing to 5080. If so, there won't be a 487, and the sip trace may illuminate a different issue.

manindersinghajimal

Oct 1, 2020
Yeah advanced -> sip profiles.The auth-calls param is what tells the profile to do digest authentication on inbound invites. The 487 is the "challenge" from freeswitch, a normal UA will respond to the 487 with a hash of it's creds and nounce string(sent in the 487).

The only way that a profile will respond to an invite with a 487 is if "auth-calls" is true.

If auth-calls isn't true, you have a different issue. Do another sip trace and confirm the carrier is actually routing to 5080. If so, there won't be a 487, and the sip trace may illuminate a different issue.
Thank you for sharing this. And when doing sip trace, it give 407, not 487

Status
Not open for further replies.