No need to replicate Freeswitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Whilst thinking about my eternal problem of efficient and functional FusionPBX replication, something dawned on me. We do not really have to replicate the Freeswitch side of things when using our Kamailio front end scenario. This is due to us doing per domain load balancing. ie all calls for one domain are going to end up on the same media server.

So why might this be significant? Well, the main reason is that most of the replication traffic will be the Freeswitch side of things, for example call state, call center, registrations etc. Without this the main db part of the replication will just be CDRs and its no big shakes if a replicated CDR doesn't arrive in a timely fashion.

So now I need to put it to the test. If all goes well I will post a detailed tutorial on how to do it, here. It will also make setup much easier.

If anyone can think of something I have overlooked, please feel free to comment. I'm all ears.

babak

Dec 4, 2016
Hi
If Kamailio is doing registration, and on fusionpbx side we need some of this information, may be we can have a special mod_xml_curl or special xml_handler that fetches required data from kamailio side and we do not replicate all freeswitch database.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Babak, the case I am referring to is very specific to using the Kamailio script I posted. There are plenty of other ways to do the replication. In one scenario a replicated the databases but have them on a seperate two servers and then all FusionPBX instances point to that DB cluster. The same can be done with memcached, ie put it on the DB servers and point all your memcached instances too it.

Jan 9, 2018
@DigitalDaz
Very sorry to resurrect an old thread, but to your original statement: In a two-node HA/Failover (not load balancing) cluster without Kamailio, would there be any reason at all to replicate the freeswitch db? Or even a reason to be writing it to an external db in the first place? When we originally set up our cluster, I just followed recommendations online to do so, but I'm now thinking it's pretty pointless (we aren't hitting any walls with capacity).

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I do not replicate the freeswitch db myself. Mark no longer recommends it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.