Not able to get inbound or outbound calls on GSM gateway (Dinstar UC2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saito89

Oct 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

I've tried to get my GSM gateway to at least send the incoming calls to my FusionPBX but I am not able to do it.

FusionPBX Server has a private IP (172.16.89.227/24) and I am registering all my phones through a domain name (x.voip.domain.com) that goes to a public IPv4 (190.x.x.x) that goes to the private one through a NAT.

Dinstar Gateway is in another network segment (10.0.22.234/24) and is behind another public IPv4 (190.y.y.y).

I have watch a lot of videos how to get this working on a 3CX or Elastix server but I am kind of confused. All this videos point out that I have to create a sip trunk and configure the incoming settings / user settings but in Fusion PBX that is not an option (At least not from the GUI or maybe I have not found it). So I try to get everything up and running without using any authentication and just adding the public IP and private IP (From where the Dinstar gateway is) to the access controls page in the fusion PBX server (At this point I created the gateway on the Fusion PBX). But every time I call the SIM number from another phone I always get some kind of IVR from the Dinstar that asks me to enter the extension number and if I look at the fsi_cli and I do not get anything coming from the Dinstar gateway to the Fusion PBX Server.

It is like the gateway I created in FusionPBX is not connected to the Dinstar Gateway....

At some point if I create an extension the Dinstar gateway is able to register to the FusionPBX but even so I get the annoying IVR saying I have to enter an extension (Clearly I am doing something wrong).

Also In the Dinstar gateway there is a sip configuration and a trunk configuration, under trunk configuration there is not a way to enter an url so I am even more confused.

I hope you guys understood the problem that I have and maybe someone could help me out with some hints or if someone has tried this in the past and could give me a hand I would appreciated it.

Thanks

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Never used one myself, but I've just had a scan through the documentation. From the looks of it, I think you have to register the 'ports' as extensions on the FusionPBX.

The alternative perhaps is sending everything through to the external FusionPBX port on 5080? I don't think the FusionPBX is supposed to register against the device.

saito89

Oct 11, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion @hfoster. Actually I was able to get it working.

This is the information for my devices:

1. Dinstar UC2000 (10.0.22.234/24)
2. Fusion PBX (172.16.89.227/24)

I created a GRE tunnel between both places (Where the Dinstar and the FusionPBX are). And each network (172.16.89.0/24 and 10.0.22.0/24) knows each other. In your case this should not be a problem if botch devices are in the same network.

This is what I did:

1. On FusionPBX I added a node for the network where the Dinstar Gateway is, this is under Advance->Access Controls->lan:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-02 um 11.02.32.png
Probably I could just specify the Dinstar's gateway IP Address (10.0.22.234/32) instead of the whole network segment.

2. On FusionPBX under Status->SIP Status, RELOAD ACL and FLUSH CACHE.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-02 um 11.08.03.png

3. On FusionPBX under Accounts->Gateways, add a gateway:
3.1 "Proxy" and "Realm" should be the Dinstar's IP Address, "Register" should be false and "Enable" should be true

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-02 um 11.14.26.png

4. On the FusionPBX add a destination (Normally I would use the SIM's mobile number that is inserted in the Dinstar's Gateway. I would use 16463226489) and re route it to an Extension of my choice.

5. On the FusionPBX add an Outbound Route with any number as a prefix and then select the Gateway created on point 3.

6. On the Dinstar Gateway under System Configuration->Port Parameter:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-02 um 11.44.11.png

The SIP user, authenticate ID and password are not important since it is not going to be register to the FusionPBX. What is important is the "To VOIP Hotline" parameter, this will be where the Dinstar is going to send the calls and since we have an incoming route(Destination we created in point 4) it will be routed to the Extension we selected in point 4.

7. On the Dinstar Gateway under System Configuration->SIP Parameter:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-02 um 11.51.13.png

The SIP Server Address is the FusionPBX IP Address and I am using the 5080 port. The Dinstar Gateway is not suppose to register to the FusionPBX.

8. On the Dinstar Gateway under System Configuration->Service Parameter:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-02 um 11.56.09.png

It is important to check that the NAT Traversal option is set to disable. Why? Since we are in a "LAN" there is no need for a NAT.

9. On the Dinstar Gateway under IP Trunk Configuration->IP Trunk:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-02 um 12.02.10.png

10. On the Dinstar Gateway under Operation->"Tel->IP Operation":

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-02 um 12.03.19.png

11. On the Dinstar Gateway under Routing Configuration->"Tel->IP Routing":

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-02 um 12.05.48.png

The Destination parameter should be IP. And the 31 <FusionPBX> is the IP Trunk we created in point 9.

12. On the Dinstar Gateway under Operation->Routing Parameter:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-02 um 12.07.08.png

After all the configuration on the Dinstar Gateway I would recommend to restart the Gateway. If there is something wrong with the steps please let me know and if you have a problem, post it here and we could try to figure it out.

I hope this helps someone that was in the same place as me. Where I did not have a clue what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.