Openvpn sever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone that using openvon has setup on fusionpbx server or used another server specifically to vpn connection.
I'm about to create one and consider maybe to install on dedicated server.

Talmid_L

Sep 9, 2018
Yes, I'm using it successfully installed on the same machine. You will need to create a SIP profile that will accept connections on the same interface as the OpenVPN ip. It is very useful to have this, specially in some cases SIP phones are blocked by the internet provider and it works well through VPN.

Reactions: Mikeme

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
Yes, I'm using it successfully installed on the same machine. You will need to create a SIP profile that will accept connections on the same interface as the OpenVPN ip. It is very useful to have this, specially in some cases SIP phones are blocked by the internet provider and it works well through VPN.
Thank you for helpfully information!
Can you share more details about SIP profile to accept connections?

Talmid_L

Sep 9, 2018
You can basically duplicate the "internal" profile and then set the: ext-rtp-ip, ext-sip-ip, rtp-ip, sip-ip to the ip of the VPN server (ex. if you use 10.8.0.0/24 network then the ip would be 10.8.0.1). Restart freeswitch.

The sip profiles are connected to the IP addresses so for each interface you want to receive connections you will need to have one.

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
You can basically duplicate the "internal" profile and then set the: ext-rtp-ip, ext-sip-ip, rtp-ip, sip-ip to the ip of the VPN server (ex. if you use 10.8.0.0/24 network then the ip would be 10.8.0.1). Restart freeswitch.

The sip profiles are connected to the IP addresses so for each interface you want to receive connections you will need to have one.
Do I need to set some static route on debian for openvpn subnet?

Talmid_L

Sep 9, 2018
Yes, but this I don't remember how I did it, it was something specific that I needed. A combination of iptables rules and ip route.

Status
Not open for further replies.