Outgoing calls route Time and day

mevans1974

Jan 23, 2022
Hi All,
I am implementing fusion PBX we have a lot of mobile users with soft-phones but we only want them to be able to make calls during working hours.
is it possible to use something like time and day routing for outgoing calls?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

rabbidiesel

Aug 28, 2020
9x9tech.com
Hi,

I have actually just set up something like this for a school where they want the boys to only make calls at specific time.

You will have to make a separate outbound route for each time.

First you will need toll_allow.
As you can see from the pictures I attached , you can put whatever you want here.

Then you will need to calculate the Time of Day. The way I found to do this is take 60 (minutes) and times it by the 24 hour time. So for instance, if you want the phones blocked from 3-4pm, you would do 15x60=900 and then for 4 pm you do 16x60=960. So for you minute-of-day you would put 900-960.

In may case I upload a recording that will play during these times, and then the call will hang up.

After making all these outbound routes, you will need to put toll_allow on the extensions that you want to run on this schedule.

Make sure that your outbound routes have a lower number than your regular catch all routes, otherwise this won’t work.

Good Luck

Attachments

• IMG_9259.jpeg
    IMG_9259.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9258.jpeg
    IMG_9258.jpeg
    484.4 KB · Views: 7

rabbidiesel

Aug 28, 2020
9x9tech.com
@mevans1974 I am guessing that you are asking were the minute-of-day is in the dropdown, or how I was able to get it in there.
I typed it in manually. First select anything from the "Type" dropdown and then you will be able to type it in manually.
Then I made a copy of my original limiting outbound route, and just changed the minute of day and the name for each one.

Hope this clarifies what you are asking for.